Doctors appointment

harrycatcat1

Well we must be VERY lucky because we call our local surgery The A Team.    My Doctor always said that he knew if we rang in for an appointment it was important and would see us without delay. There is little doubt that they are inundated by people with aches and pains who don't really need to see a doctor.  Our Practise handled the jabs with precision and it all ran very smoothly.  Today if we need advise we will normally get a ring back within that day and sometimes the Practise Nurse can advise   Ours sewed most of my thumb back on with absolute precision and earned a couple of boxes of chocolates as a thankyou.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Posh end 🤣👍

Your not wrong

Screenshot_20220105-181219_Samsung Internet.jpg

More ‘dirty’ for is addictive and withdrawal problems

10 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Brilliant for migraine but don’t think you can get them any more

Yes you can.

Chemist4u does the combined pack.

Think Boots does just the pink ones? 

5 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Are they good?

Yes. Taken first sign of an attack (sparkly vision for me) and they stop the headache. You might get a “thick head” but you can carry on with whatever you were doing.

They were unavailable but it appears they are back on the shelves again. I get a migraine maybe once a year and will be buying some now I know you can get them again.

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Yes you can

Apparently so. They were not available when I last tried to get some.

I can only speak as I find referring doctors appointments , touch wood I have been lucky and avoided most of the nasty bugs and any serious aches and pains that crop up in old age ( and young ) over the last few months , but in the Spring I needed to ring my doctor as I was getting a lot of stomach pain , the first time they made an appointment to see a doctor in around a week , and about a month later it was just under a week to see the same doctor , a month later I had a Hernia operation and most of my stomach pain is now gone and thankfully I haven't had need to see a doctor since then .

13 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’ve been having migraines the last month since my booster but it might also be from my shoulder injury 8 week ago. 
migraleve are great but I was advised to take half a sleeping pill instead if I’m at home to relax the muscle . 
it works 

A female massaging the offending parts would be far better!   :good:

20 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Nev only lives up the road , I'm sure he'd pop round and sort that out for him 😉

He’s a darling 🥰😂😂😂

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A female massaging the offending parts would be far better!   :good:

Is it bad I’ve booked my cousin 😂. She’s a physiotherapist 😂

3 minutes ago, old man said:

Wouldn't work here big sign up saying not to bother doing it. 

Same here . You're no longer allowed to make appointments except over the phone . I've been trying to get an appointment for three days , and so far , I haven’t even managed to get through .

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But he was a bit busy yesterday!  

He was busy warning his hands up , and peeling the ginger 😁.

1 minute ago, harrycatcat1 said:

🤣🤣🤣 it just shows the difference between different surgeries. 

It certainly does.

I am lucky to be served by a good one.

But the horror stories of using Covid to slow things down and of course the receptionists who must have spent minutes undergoing their medical training!

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It certainly does.

I am lucky to be served by a good one.

But the horror stories of using Covid to slow things down and of course the receptionists who must have spent minutes undergoing their medical training!

Ah but don't forget the stresses of the confidentiality agreements they have signed?