Ratting up close and personal...

simon6ppc

7 hours ago, spandit said:

Are those FAC air rifles? Some nice shooting there

No pal this is a 12 ftlb air rifle using light pellets as not to damage the building.

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well done Simon, I went out today at my friends farm after 3 weeks,  them rats must have thought it was a holiday, 5 to 8 pm had 23 , missed a few 🤔🙄

Nice one Popper the king of sports so they tell me, wouldn't be surprised if its my favourite one even though i have been involved in them all.  

Hello, I use a sub 12 ft LLB air rifle, even then some pellets go through the rats, Hades were like this so gone back to a domed , the damage rats caused around the farm runs into £1000s, last year into this year, a few years back got into the old combine, that cost a few £1000s , any farm with a big rat problem , traps/poison is not enough, not seen so many this time, keep at them Simon, oh and everyone on PW 👍

love it......every film is slightly different.............christ you need to be careful shooting with a backdrop of cement asb' sheet....see why you went low power in there and changed when you went outside..........

jack makes a very good scenic backdrop for the mags............you just had to slip him in didnt you :lol:

keep safe this new year boy

simon

1 minute ago, JKD said:

Yet another droll and boring video 🤭🤣

Great as always 👍😃 Along with the litter-picker, do you make use of a wheelbarrow ? 😃

😂 funny enough JKD the ones falling down the walls were falling out another hole at the other side of the wall i should of tried to film it all it would have been funny, but ye i just had a average day and night really i didn't shoot that many lol

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

love it......every film is slightly different.............christ you need to be careful shooting with a backdrop of cement asb' sheet....see why you went low power in there and changed when you went outside..........

jack makes a very good scenic backdrop for the mags............you just had to slip him in didnt you 

keep safe this new year boy

simon

Ye Ditch i actually shot at a spare Asbestos sheet out side on a tip very close up just to make sure it wouldn't go through and it didn't so i was away and ye every one wants to see Jack so he  made an appearance  for a few seconds at the end  and the video was a success  👀😉🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, JKD said:

Brilliant !!! Haven't done much rat shooting, but when I did (sub 12 air) it was great fun ! The best session was in but mostly around some large chicken sheds,,,, couldn't reload fast enough 😮

Ye i might of said before but Rat shooting i just love it with a 12 ftlb air rifle just brilliant to say i have been involved in all other types of shooting in my life. 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I use a sub 12 ft LLB air rifle, even then some pellets go through the rats, Hades were like this so gone back to a domed , the damage rats caused around the farm runs into £1000s, last year into this year, a few years back got into the old combine, that cost a few £1000s , any farm with a big rat problem , traps/poison is not enough, not seen so many this time, keep at them Simon, oh and everyone on PW 👍

Thanks Popper ye they soon get out of hand for sure.

24 minutes ago, JKD said:

Brilliant !!! Haven't done much rat shooting, but when I did (sub 12 air) it was great fun ! The best session was in but mostly around some large chicken sheds,,,, couldn't reload fast enough 😮

Lol just the way i like it

6 hours ago, old man said:

As always Simon, thank's for posting! 😃

Thanks again young chap.

6 hours ago, ratchers said:

As usual simon......a great watch.......thanks.

Thank you my friend.

7 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Ye Ditch i actually shot at a spare Asbestos sheet out side on a tip very close up just to make sure it wouldn't go through and it didn't so i was away

Great comment,  I often watch rat shooting videos and you can clearly see holes appear in the walls!!

That shot at 7:50 was an absolute peach 👍 

Thank you for the excellent video. I can not recall ever meeting a person who had something good to say about Rats!

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Great comment,  I often watch rat shooting videos and you can clearly see holes appear in the walls!!

I appreciate the care you have taken over you shooting…….. I recall watching a video of an American shooter with one of their super powerful air rifles shooting at feral pigeons in what appeared to be the roof of an industrial complex. He was a very good shot. However His pellets were going through the birds and impacting upon the steel ductwork behind. I can’t recall the calibre but it was powerful. It almost looked as thought the steel had been hit with a ball peen hammer. I wonder if the factory owner saw the video and removed his permission. Kind regards Rookandrabbit.

On 06/01/2022 at 18:33, Cranfield said:

Another good watch, with excellent shooting.
Thanks for posting.

Cheers pal.

On 07/01/2022 at 00:50, Rookandrabbit said:

Thank you for the excellent video. I can not recall ever meeting a person who had something good to say about Rats!

I appreciate the care you have taken over you shooting…….. I recall watching a video of an American shooter with one of their super powerful air rifles shooting at feral pigeons in what appeared to be the roof of an industrial complex. He was a very good shot. However His pellets were going through the birds and impacting upon the steel ductwork behind. I can’t recall the calibre but it was powerful. It almost looked as thought the steel had been hit with a ball peen hammer. I wonder if the factory owner saw the video and removed his permission. Kind regards Rookandrabbit.

Ye pal i also see this a lot on other videos make me shake my head, i have even seen this with well known shooters to which shocks me.

2 hours ago, Good shot? said:

Another excellent video, thanks for posting.

Cheers mate.

29 minutes ago, simon6ppc said:

Ye pal i also see this a lot on other videos make me shake my head, i have even seen this with well known shooters to which shocks me.

Yes that is why I enjoy watching your videos. They show accurate humane safe shooting. What is not to like. A credit to which all shooters should aspire. Kind regards Rookandrabbit.

P.S. a colleague let me use his Sako 6mm heavy barrel rifle on foxes it was an absolute laser and a joy to use ……… I could not miss! Keep up the good work!

17 hours ago, Rookandrabbit said:

Yes that is why I enjoy watching your videos. They show accurate humane safe shooting. What is not to like. A credit to which all shooters should aspire. Kind regards Rookandrabbit.

P.S. a colleague let me use his Sako 6mm heavy barrel rifle on foxes it was an absolute laser and a joy to use ……… I could not miss! Keep up the good work!

Ye will do pal cheers, i to use a Sako 6ppc for fox control to be honest the best rifle i have ever owned.