Expected Better from Gamebore Black Gold

Recently brought a slab of Black Gold 20G  28gram 5's Fibre .... Thought let's have a look inside one.... Then another.... Then a 3rd... 

Below are my findings.

Shot Sticking together, Different size Shot... Half Shot. 

I have sent the same to Gamebore and I'm currently in talks to determine best the outcome. 

To me this is shocking... Has anyone else found similar? 

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

They are very active on the emails.

Already had a reply asking me to take them back to the shop where I brought them from and then they will send a rep in to collect & inspect.

I replied... 

The Shop is an hour away, Can you request your rep to collect direct from me and also replace with a new batch.

More to follow I hope.........

Needless to say all cartridges I purchase now will be randomly inspected. 

Cut them open lads..... Let's see what we've all got! 

Diamond Shot®

Our precision, lead shot is produced here at Gamebore in the only working shot tower in the UK and used exclusively by ourselves. It is lead shot taken to the next level with this unique process which sees it graded still further and then polished in a revolutionary process to produce shot of a consistency far beyond anything else available which is perfect in its sphericity and accurate, even size to deliver the ultimate in patterns. Simply put, Diamond Shot® is the best quality lead shot in the world.

The pellets in that cartridge, cetainly do not appear to live up to Gamebores advertising blurb, perhaps a friday afternoon special?

Edited by Stonepark

14 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Diamond Shot®

Our precision, lead shot is produced here at Gamebore in the only working shot tower in the UK and used exclusively by ourselves. It is lead shot taken to the next level with this unique process which sees it graded still further and then polished in a revolutionary process to produce shot of a consistency far beyond anything else available which is perfect in its sphericity and accurate, even size to deliver the ultimate in patterns. Simply put, Diamond Shot® is the best quality lead shot in the world.

The pellets in that cartridge, cetainly do not appear to live up to Gamebores advertising blurb, perhaps a friday afternoon special?

I actually copied & Pasted the above in my email to them :) 

I have been disappointed with some Gamebore carts, mostly the grey cases Pigeon cartridges, but a lot of the 32g 5 black gold carts appear bulged around the top of the cart as if the shot is compressed. 

I recently bought Hull high pheasant Xtreme instead, which so far look similar but without the issues so far. 

Considering giving up Gamebore and going for a different brand in future. 

Hands up , I often open up cartridges and look inside. I had a very bad batch of Eley Pigeon 32g 6.5 shot ( now discontinued ) back in the day and contacted Eley several times even ended up writing to them. Eley couldn't be bothered to reply, but my RFD refunded me. They were poorly put together with different sized shot mixed in , some showed signs of rust, bad crimps and hard primers. Needless to say I don't use Eley anymore.   

I've looked at several different brands over the years and always have a good impression of Lyalvale Express ammunition.  

9 minutes ago, Sprucey said:

Update.

I'm expecting the UK Sales Manager of Gamebore to contact me regards replacement and collection of defective carts. 

Not a bad result so far

That's good news. I'm sure Gamebore will correct this situation and protect their reputation. Please keep us posted.  

Edited by Whitebridges

56 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

Hands up , I often open up cartridges and look inside. I had a very bad batch of Eley Pigeon 32g 6.5 shot ( now discontinued ) back in the day and contacted Eley several times even ended up writing to them. Eley couldn't be bothered to reply, but my RFD refunded me. They were poorly put together with different sized shot mixed in , some showed signs of rust, bad crimps and hard primers. Needless to say I don't use Eley anymore.   

I've looked at several different brands over the years and always have a good impression of Lyalvale Express ammunition.  

That's good news. I'm sure Gamebore will correct this situation and protect their reputation. Please keep us posted.  

Eley went through a bad patch - I’m guessing about 2013. I had used their VIP cart’s for about 5 game seasons up till that point. I bought a new batch of 1,000 back then and noticed the wads were disintegrating. I don’t mean a little confetti - but whole bits of wad raining down. I was missing a lot of birds, and OK I miss birds like everyone else, but I mean loads…. to the point where shooting seemed pointless. Needless to say the tested patterns turned out rubbish, very blotchy/gappy with a lot of welding. I took the whole lot (minus a couple of boxes) back to the dealer complete with bits of wadding material in a packet. Eley didn’t want to know - not even a reply. I changed those cart’s for Hull High Pheasant Extreme and have used them ever since.  They have been flawless.

In fairness to Eley, I tried a couple of boxes of their VIP recently and they were back to their old brilliance. They are now on to their 5th version of fibre wad….?!  
Seem to have finally got it right.

I had a few 6 shot fibre wad black gold given to me and as a home loader was interested to see what was inside the shot was the worst I’ve seen in any cartridge one had the side cut off,another was completely cut in half and three were joined together with sizes varying from 6 down to probably 10 and some were very dull looking,must add some of the best shot I’ve seen has been in the cheapest shells on the market.

Have to say I've cut a few 20 b back gold apart in the past and the shot has been excellent. If a bit bigger than it should be .so no 5 shot measured more like no 4 but this I put down to the special coating on the pellets .

I've stopped using them as they were too expensive and the pellet count wasn't what I wanted ( being no4 instead of no5 for pigeons  ) 

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Have to say I've cut a few 20 b back gold apart in the past and the shot has been excellent. If a bit bigger than it should be .so no 5 shot measured more like no 4 but this I put down to the special coating on the pellets .

I've stopped using them as they were too expensive and the pellet count wasn't what I wanted ( being no4 instead of no5 for pigeons  ) 

It’s because they use continental shot sizes. Have a look at their web site - where the pellet diameters are given in mm.

Problems arise because most people (understandably) think the printed cartridge and box number relates to traditional UK sizing. As you say patterns are sparser than expected. 

Update.

Have to say I'm very impressed! Fantastic Customer service.

Gamebore UK Sales Manager David called me 6pm yesterday evening as promised, very nice bloke and straight to the point.

He held his hands up and said it's unacceptable , He's made inquiries as to why this has happened and apologized profusely.

They are collecting the raining stock from the Supplier to inspect and are also Collecting my faulty carts with a replacement due. 

Can't say fairer than that.

Thanks David.

17 minutes ago, Sprucey said:

Update.

Have to say I'm very impressed! Fantastic Customer service.

Gamebore UK Sales Manager David called me 6pm yesterday evening as promised, very nice bloke and straight to the point.

He held his hands up and said it's unacceptable , He's made inquiries as to why this has happened and apologized profusely.

They are collecting the raining stock from the Supplier to inspect and are also Collecting my faulty carts with a replacement due. 

Can't say fairer than that.

Thanks David.

Good for them, and good for you. Well done. 👍