Preet Chandi an inspiration

oowee

Brilliant doesn't cover it. As a Captain the Army she trains medical staff I understand so is a smart lady.  Sword on the shoulder there for sure 100%

She didn't have to do that as part of her job wherehas 99% of the others seem to get it for just doing what they get paid for.

Edited by Walker570

From the BBC "An Army officer is thought to have become the first woman of colour to complete a solo expedition across Antarctica".

The colour of her skin has no more relevance than the colour of her hair or her socks, why mention it?

A remarkable feat by a remarkable human being.

4 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

From the BBC "An Army officer is thought to have become the first woman of colour to complete a solo expedition across Antarctica".

The colour of her skin has no more relevance than the colour of her hair or her socks, why mention it?

My thoughts exactly. 
If the BBC wasn’t continually pushing the racist angle they would never have mentioned it.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Brilliant doesn't cover it. As a Captain the Army she trains medical staff I understand so is a smart lady.  Sword on the shoulder there for sure 100%

She didn't have to do that as part of her job wherehas 99% of the others seem to get it for just doing what they get paid for.

I see the honours list and see it awarded fur turning up and doing your job. It so winds me up and devalues what should be highly prized awards. My Old Chair woman is a case in point!!!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

That's was my thought when it came up on the news.

Absolutely 👍

This. 

4 hours ago, oowee said:

700 miles to the South Pole in 40 days. A remarkable achievement in itself but what an inspiration for Asian Women. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-59869042

For me its too cold and wet to go shooting let alone walk to the South Pole 

Plus, what's there to shoot? Penguins hardly provide much of a sporting target!?

The woman's done well. Britain used to be so well known for walking around in freezing places, so it's nice to see the tradition's being kept alive.

Well played indeed

I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing about colour creed or sexual persuasion in things that have no bearing on it. 

At work today my manager got a email from Barclays. In it was an advert all of the people were of ethnic backgrounds. So out of curiosity we looked at what the percentages were for the Uk and just how skewed todays media has become about representing them or highlighting so called equality about it all the time. 
Well done to her on a great achievement.  

RIBA’s press officer and photographer turned up to take photographs of my practice working on site. There were 7 of us there, all very white. He said “Ok, to be honest this isn’t ideal. But at least there are plenty of women, we’ll have to have a woman in every shot or we get hammered on social media.”

Think they had been catfished by our old staff picture online as one of the architects who used to work for me was Jewish and working class from Toxteth, handsome with one of each of a Chinese, Ghanaian, Jamaican and Irish grandparent. Saying that, as he had no disabilities and identified as heterosexual even he would be haram these days.

12 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Saying that, as he had no disabilities and identified as heterosexual even he would be haram these days.

Talking to a work colleague yesterday, he told me about his best mate - works for a "fruit" company and was top of the UK music service "iTones" and was instrumental in the work when it changed to "Fruit Music" however over the past couple of years he has had a number of effective demotions and now is in charge of just one type of music. He says that it is because he is white and middle aged with all senior positions now being occupied by people who can put positive marks in square things on paper......☑️

It may be a load of "rowlocks" but then again it may not knowing todays culture. The company I work for put a post on the business social network before Christmas and stated outright that they will be prioritizing promotion of minorities in the business.

You should see what they put out for "World Menopause Day" 😲

Congrats to Preet though - a marvelous achievement for a woman - all her other characteristics are irrelevant

19 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Harpreet "Preet" Chandi is a credit to her gender, her religion and the Army.

No, she is a credit to herself and herself alone.  Her religion, gender and occupation are irrelevant.

She is an individual who has performed an amazing feat that I suspect none here would even attempt, celebrate the individual, not the characteristic.

This is the shoddy, left wing, reporting that is now all too prevalent amongst the media.

RS

9 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

No, she is a credit to herself and herself alone.  Her religion, gender and occupation are irrelevant.

She is an individual who has performed an amazing feat that I suspect none here would even attempt, celebrate the individual, not the characteristic.

This is the shoddy, left wing, reporting that is now all too prevalent amongst the media.

In YOUR opinion!