What do i do with my old FAC?

bruno22rf

I have always been asked for my old tickets to be sent with renewals, but according to Bill Harriman we are not obliged to do so and perfectly entitled to keep them. 

A few years ago my FEO turned up to do renewal checkups, and with him had every single one of my expired tickets! During the conversation he offered to give me back my expiring but still valid ticket if I needed to buy ammo as he was otherwise going to issue me a S7 for the usual reasons. 
The only ticket I have is expired, as I didn’t take it with me when I presented my renewal applications to licensing ( although she asked if I had brought them ) but I would really like to have them all, especially those prior to the handgun ban. 
I currently have a S7. 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just in case of what?

I've er, forgotten to inform them of several gun purchases/disposals for often a couple of months on my SGC and my FAC over the last couple of years, I also have so many guns that my FEO suggests I get a house alarm fitted (not done as it is not a legal requirement) so I'm not going to poke the devil with a stick right now.

i put in a variation 15 weeks ago for 243 with mod finally got a call on 21st December for a £20 fee.. received my ticket back on 22nd went to pick my new gun & mod up on 23rd after putting them on my ticket the shop noticed they hadn't put any ammunition on my ticket,  managed to contact them on 4th January admitted was there fault but wont send new ticket till they receive this one back, 

Mine asks you to send it back once you receive your new one. True story:

Rushing in the morning with the dogs, getting ready for work and the school run... FAC arrived in post - varied but otherwise identical. I had been asked to post the second one back, flipped through to compare them set them down. For some reason I was worried about postal theft etc so I thought it was prudent to deface (thus void) the old FAC before posting by writing “superseded” across each page in huge letters and a diagonal crossing corner to corner. Got to the page that had been varied and realised I had just voided my new FAC 🙈

Very red faced I called the FLO and explained. She was very sweet and said to keep the old one temporarily and once she received the defaced one she would send out a third copy. Took another 48hrs but was all sorted relatively efficiently despite my idiocy. 

58 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Mine asks you to send it back once you receive your new one. True story:

Rushing in the morning with the dogs, getting ready for work and the school run... FAC arrived in post - varied but otherwise identical. I had been asked to post the second one back, flipped through to compare them set them down. For some reason I was worried about postal theft etc so I thought it was prudent to deface (thus void) the old FAC before posting by writing “superseded” across each page in huge letters and a diagonal crossing corner to corner. Got to the page that had been varied and realised I had just voided my new FAC 🙈

Very red faced I called the FLO and explained. She was very sweet and said to keep the old one temporarily and once she received the defaced one she would send out a third copy. Took another 48hrs but was all sorted relatively efficiently despite my idiocy. 

Ahh the horror.

I once threw out a plastic bag that had been sat near to our indoor waste paper bin. 'Near' being the operative word. The bag had been sat for a few days and it went into the waste recycle bin in the morning as it was full of what appeared to be 'waste' paper and it was promptly whisked off by the recycle wagon. Mrs 7days came home and asked where I had put said bag.

It turned out to be two weeks worth of the in laws mail which she had been collecting while they were on holiday.

Oops!

The ensuing barrage was frighful from both parties.

I now check all bags very carefully.

atb

P.S I have not been asked to return my old certs.