I know at some point you have asked yourself, will a chainsaw cut lead?

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That will be next Season, Mike, my eldest Son was up there again today, very wet day!

We've been up to Wales today . We passed a line of guns on the way back , and it was raining so hard you could only see the first three guns through the rain.😮.

Ps 11s-is on our Yorkshire shoot was extended to nearly early lunch butties ! 

just about dried out the pint round the fire in the local pub at the end of the day - priceless.

Me and the dog gave 110% so even took the ribbing about a safety catch left on incident ( it would have been low if it wasn’t  ) 

for me my 11 year old flanked with his grandad ( my dad ) and walked with me on a couple of drives. Both my lad and my dad saw me drop my only bird of the day !

Agriv8

The curious side to me is telling me to try it. The sensible side is saying don't risk ******* up my £600 chainsaw. 

I'll have to see if I can find a ****y old chain and have a go. 

2 years ago I saw my work colleague cut 3" rubber mat (from a playground, actually still on the floor in the playground), and that ruined the chain, sprocket, clutch, oil feed, worm gear, bar and chain. Also the guy eventually broke the top handle by pushing to hard. Pretty much the chainsaw (ms261) was ****ed after, covered in melted rubber and never went well again, he had it pinned flat out for about 20 mins bucking like mad. The chain was worn nearly flat from the hardcore underneath. That's council mentality for you. 

4 hours ago, Sweet11-87 said:

good idea. probably less lead dust flying around that with a grinder or stihl saw. worst youd do is blunt the chain. and a morning cutting timber will mean it needs a sharpen anyway. out of curiosity did the saw kick much or bog down?.

Not really,  it took it better then some hard seasoned oak

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:
1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

The curious side to me is telling me to try it. The sensible side is saying don't risk ******* up my £600 chainsaw. 

I'll have to see if I can find a ****y old chain and have a go. 

2 years ago I saw my work colleague cut 3" rubber mat (from a playground, actually still on the floor in the playground), and that ruined the chain, sprocket, clutch, oil feed, worm gear, bar and chain. Also the guy eventually broke the top handle by pushing to hard. Pretty much the chainsaw (ms261) was ****** after, covered in melted rubber and never went well again, he had it pinned flat out for about 20 mins bucking like mad. The chain was worn nearly flat from the hardcore underneath. That's council mentality for you. 

Try it, it doesn’t even dull the chain

On 08/01/2022 at 09:17, Old farrier said:

That’s what we have TT for 😂😂😂

Just seen this 😂

On 08/01/2022 at 11:46, Walker570 said:

Saw him yesterday and checked his fingers and they where almost all still there.

What’s left anyway 😂

On 08/01/2022 at 14:38, mel b3 said:

Yep,  with a huge lump of ginger , and a permanent limp 😁

I'll have a go at anything , just think it through first ,  ask advice if you need to,  and be careful .

My lad is the total opposite , especially with any kind of power tool ,  I've always encouraged him to get stuck in to things , but he just never seems interested.

Are you sure that they were definitely his , and that they were definitely fingers ?. With the amount of visits he has to A+E they probably just sew anything back on 😄

I haven’t been all year I’ll have you know 😂😂😂😂

I’ve cut through lots of lead bullets in trees over the years . Muskets too . I’d love to know the history on them 

On 10/01/2022 at 02:54, NoBodyImportant said:

Not really,  it took it better then some hard seasoned oak

Try it, it doesn’t even dull the chain

TCT blades cut it a treat when I come across muskets in trees /planks at work 

38 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Just seen this 😂

What’s left anyway 😂

I haven’t been all year I’ll have you know 😂😂😂😂

I’ve cut through lots of lead bullets in trees over the years . Muskets too . I’d love to know the history on them 

TCT blades cut it a treat when I come across muskets in trees /planks at work 

Any pictures of the musket in the trees?

• 2 weeks later...