Wonder who sets crossmans pellet prices.

NoBodyImportant

I used to commercially make bullets by swaging .455 Mk II and .455 Mk IV and hollow point or solid point 158 grain .38/.357 SWC (which is how your Crosman will be made). The domed are 14.3 grains, the hollow point are also 14.3 grains so it can't be the cost of the lead. And from what I know there will be no extra processes (in fact there may well be less) in making the domed pellets than there will the hollow point. 

Edited by enfieldspares

4 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

How you getting on with the air rifle? Closed those groups up yet? 

Just ordered the round nose as some people here says they had good results.  I will let you know as soon as they arrive.  I also ordered a tin of the Diablo heavy 18 grain ones from another place. I honestly don’t have a good local source for air guns stuff so I’m limited to the out of stock online places. My plan is to just keep trying different pellets until I find one that will work.   I did give the gun a good cleaning since it was still new and looked for burs and manufacturing defects but found none.  These I have high hopes for as I saw a Yrube video of a guy with these and my gun

B7DCF520-1177-43E8-B40A-428D79CC2532.png

Edited by NoBodyImportant

12 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Just ordered the round nose as some people here says they had good results.  I will let you know as soon as they arrive.  I also ordered a tin of the Diablo heavy 18 grain ones from another place. I honestly don’t have a good local source for air guns stuff so I’m limited to the out of stock online places. My plan is to just keep trying different pellets until I find one that will work.   I did give the gun a good cleaning since it was still new and looked for burs and manufacturing defects but found none.  These I have high hopes for as I saw a Yrube video of a guy with these and my gun

B7DCF520-1177-43E8-B40A-428D79CC2532.png

I use the exacts rs which I think are 14gr in my springers. But as a general rule you can't go wrong with those, might be a little loopy but then your probably not shooting 12ftlb. Jsb have made the most consistent pellets I've tried for years, though I've found those crossman premiers pretty good (not the hollow points). 

Keep us updated 

I found the JSB Jumbo Exact RS inaccurate at over 25yds. Sub 12 lbs, I think they were tumbling, they keep the weight down by being short. Was getting 0.5 mil dot fliers. 

Give quality 16gr diabolo pellets a go. 

Edited by Mr.C

8 hours ago, Mr.C said:

I found the JSB Jumbo Exact RS inaccurate at over 25yds. Sub 12 lbs, I think they were tumbling, they keep the weight down by being short. Was getting 0.5 mil dot fliers. 

Give quality 16gr diabolo pellets a go. 

Will do when the old lady forgets that I ordered $100 worth of scope rings and pellets today. 

4 hours ago, Mice! said:
4 hours ago, Mice! said:

Ive found that accupells and the hollow points are pretty much the same, no accuracy difference at 25mtrs 

I had people tell me the domed where way more accurate,  so I grabbed two tins of each. 

Domed are most definitely the most accurate once you start to reach out. A friend of mine uses the 16gn AA Fields (diabolo) through his heavily tuned Rapid and he can hit a golf ball every time at 150 yards. I had a go and was hitting crab apples, which are the same size or smaller than a golf ball, at 15 0 yards within three shots of ever picking the rifle up. I watched him head shoot 3 rabbits consecutively on his cousin's beat up in the Lancashire hills, lasered at 157, 161 and 163 respecitvely. They were around a clump of rushes across the valley.  A well set up air rifle can be extremely effective. Out to 50 yards your springer should be able to hit a grape on a cocktail stick every time.