Dominant eye correction

Mr wilberts

Being right handed but left eye dominant I tried the BH sight. It didn’t seem to improve my scores and it wasn’t on my gun for long. 
For whatever reason this predicament has never seems to interfere with my live quarry shooting, only clays, but I have persevered with practising my mount for years, and recently discovered that that slowing down my mount and making it more deliberate, has improved my shooting dramatically in all areas. We’re never too old to learn. 🙂

Look at the bird and put it in the pattern.  Lots of gismos about to stick on your barrels.  Find out your dominant eye and either shoot off that shoulder or have your gun adjust to fit.  I never look at the barrel of my gun never mind any bits of stuff glued to it. Learn to shoot instinctively, you don't have sights on your forefinger if you point at something.  

12 minutes ago, Jimbo yorks said:

my eyes were then drawn to the bright red glowing thing on the end!

This was what happened when I tried one many years ago.  Now I just (unconsciously) blink the left eye as I mount the gun - and don't really 'see' the gun at all, remaining focussed on the target.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a damaged right eye and plagued my shooting,I fitted an easy-hit one, coupled with a plaster over my left eye and the combination works well, I focus on the clay only but it seems to help. Good thing about buying a genuine brand is you can tape it on, if you don't like it you can return for a full refund as long as you haven't fixed it "permanently".

• 2 weeks later...

I have been plagued with being right handed/left eye dominant throughout my shooting career and have tried many weird and wonderful ways to get round it. Whilst I agree that clay and game shooting is pointing rather than aiming, I have always found that (for me)my left eye seems to overrule the “point and shoot” Also, in the sport of target shotgun shooting, aiming is, in my opinion more necessary. I am experimenting at the moment with safety glasses having different colour lenses, currently, dark grey on the left and clear or light amber on the right. This enables me to keep both eyes open and also clearly identifies the sight bead/blade to my left(weaker) eye when aiming. It is a variation on sticking a black spot over the strong eye lens. It does seem to confirm that my hold, shoulder, cheek and mount are correct. Early days yet but I will persevere 

I have this issue too, and it affects me in differing amounts depending on what I'm doing. 

I have one of the tru glo beads and don't think it makes any real difference.

If driven or clay shooting where I can see a target coming and have time to prepare I can struggle, my head knows I should close my left eye and use my right but half way through the process my left eye wants to do its thing and tries to take over resulting in us all getting in a muddle. However if rough or snap shooting I would class my self as a better than average shot purely because I don't have time to over think it and my brain must sort something out, I couldn't tell you what I do but it is just instinct anr reflexes. A friend who has the same problem had a lot of success with a pair of glasses with some tape over the corner of the left eye.