Unmarked police vehicle ???.

samboy

Was it the mistsubishi or the ranger? 

Essex police have numerous l200’s and rangers (I believe marine unit and wildlife unit marked and unmarked ) as well as at least 1 blue and marked land rover 110. See them quite often around Boreham (helicopter and interceptors base + mechanics  workshops) and also around latchingdon, Wickford and the dengie areas. 

I do a lot of driving in Essex and Kent and have seen numerous different types of vehicle with flashing blues etc. The strangest were a gold Jag on the M20 and a tatty transit 'builders van' complete with rust, company stickers and roof rack with a ladder attached !!! The latter was on the A2. Nothing surprises me on this topic any more 🤔

More likely a Senior Fire Officer on the way to take overall control of a fire or spillage? Their private cars they use everyday to commute to and from work are fitted with these. Or to go from one Fire Station to another. Usually they never get used of course. But yes they are fitted with blues and twos.

Edited by enfieldspares

45 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

More likely a Senior Fire Officer on the way to take overall control of a fire or spillage? 

I was under the impression that any emergency vehicle, other than unmarked police vehicles,  have to be marked ?

Edited by JKD

32 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Was it the mistsubishi or the ranger? 

Essex police have numerous l200’s and rangers (I believe marine unit and wildlife unit marked and unmarked ) as well as at least 1 blue and marked land rover 110. See them quite often around Boreham (helicopter and interceptors base + mechanics  workshops) and also around latchingdon, Wickford and the dengie areas. 

Didn't notice what make it was.

Years ago I was having a cup of tea at a layby burger van just outside a small village. There were a couple of police there too. A plain blue estate car went hurtling past at considerable speed (40 limit at that point!) with the sirens and blue light going, so I asked one of the cops if he knew what it was but he had no idea.

A few years ago had to rescue a  Met police car that had Brocken down. Had to go back to Nine Elms they had a transport section there they have every  type of car and van or lorry and motor bike  in every condition and  including sign written works motors. You will never know if it is a boy racer or a copper . 

On 13/01/2022 at 19:41, bottletopbill said:

A few years ago had to rescue a  Met police car that had Brocken down. Had to go back to Nine Elms they had a transport section there they have every  type of car and van or lorry and motor bike  in every condition and  including sign written works motors. You will never know if it is a boy racer or a copper . 

Sneaky b------s.

I remember an old blue rusty Morris van...half tonner. It was fitted with a plywood blanking piece behine the driver so you could not see in but had slots which you could see out of. We used it for observations and there was a hole and piece of pipe to a funnel in one corner for any sudden needs. It was always strategically parked over a drain. One of our crew sat outside a bank one day and a youth jumps in and starts to hot wire it.  with four fully armed cars hiding just a shor distance away he didn't get far. What a hoot.

The smartest were plain colour 4x4 Ford Sierras complete with fancy new in car cameras.  The Boss said if we had to have furry dice hanging from the rear view mirror so be it. 

13 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I remember an old blue rusty Morris van...half tonner. It was fitted with a plywood blanking piece behine the driver so you could not see in but had slots which you could see out of. We used it for observations and there was a hole and piece of pipe to a funnel in one corner for any sudden needs. It was always strategically parked over a drain. One of our crew sat outside a bank one day and a youth jumps in and starts to hot wire it.  with four fully armed cars hiding just a shor distance away he didn't get far. What a hoot.

The smartest were plain colour 4x4 Ford Sierras complete with fancy new in car cameras.  The Boss said if we had to have furry dice hanging from the rear view mirror so be it. 

No police involvement, but the above highlighted, reminded me of an incident many years ago when I used to help my pal Ted installing television aerials on a Saturday for a bit of extra cash to help with much needed family finances. This particular Saturday there were three of us in his transit van and we were driving through a busy Whitstable High Street, when the guy sitting on the nearside said he was busting for a pee. "No problem" said my pal "I`ll pull over to the kerb, you go round the back, hold the doors around you and on the right hand side you`ll see a pee tin. Use that, throw the contents in the gutter and we`ll be on our way."

The guy duly did as he was told, but was in mid stream when my pal Ted drove off, leaving the guy in the middle of a busy high street, tin in one hand, member in another and a very embarrassed look on his face.

OB

• 2 weeks later...