Airgun pumps ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

Have you still got to be built like Tarzan to work them or have they improved ?.

Thanks all.

Fx mk4 or

hills .mk4 / mk5 

Excellent pumps not hard to operate  .

If your filling a gun with less than 100cc of air to 200 bar .it's easy .

Bit more effort for a 200ccto 230 bar .

And 300 cc to 250 bar is best done in a couple of stages with a rest .

I wouldn't attempt above 300 cc personally .unless your only filling to around 180 bar and take your time  .

I have a pump which is now redundent. Changed to a tank.  If you choose a tank then just check you have a filling station nearbye. I was lucky in that I have one which is on route to the golf club where I whack the tree rats so call and have it filled on my return journey and they are open 7 days a week.  OK it cost a bit more but much easier.

• 4 weeks later...

Undoubtedly will get slaughtered for this but, just for a moment consider the real World. 

I use a hand pump to refill my two PCP's. It's the cheapest one I count find on a well known internet auction site, obviously Chinese. At the time it cost about £40. Add to that the fill adaptor, another tenner. 

Heres the shocker - it works! It's continued to do what it should for close on two years now. I'm old and fat, yet I can pump away without the need of the local paramedics. Yes, of course, a bottle or compressor (the new 'fashionable' accessory to have) is easier and quicker but it's also a damn sight more expensive. Worth mentioning that my PCP's don't have a stupidly high shot count however.

For what it's worth it came with a full replacement seal kit should any fail.  

Yes they do require some actual work but I fail to see why anybody would buy a 'branded' named item at four or five times the cost just to achieve the same end result. 

No-brainier. 

My pump must be nigh on 20 years old. Works faultlessly. I only shoot to kill so it barely gets any use. Thinking of getting my boys a PCP pistol in October so things may change then. I’ll pop the serial number up so others can check it’s age. It has been a great investment and is easy to operate with a sensible technique. I tend to pump after a dog walk and before a shower as it can get sweaty. 

F8F812BA-4974-4035-9AE9-463A9E399DE7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rockhamster said:

Undoubtedly will get slaughtered for this but, just for a moment consider the real World. 

I use a hand pump to refill my two PCP's. It's the cheapest one I count find on a well known internet auction site, obviously Chinese. At the time it cost about £40. Add to that the fill adaptor, another tenner. 

Heres the shocker - it works! It's continued to do what it should for close on two years now. I'm old and fat, yet I can pump away without the need of the local paramedics. Yes, of course, a bottle or compressor (the new 'fashionable' accessory to have) is easier and quicker but it's also a damn sight more expensive. Worth mentioning that my PCP's don't have a stupidly high shot count however.

For what it's worth it came with a full replacement seal kit should any fail.  

Yes they do require some actual work but I fail to see why anybody would buy a 'branded' named item at four or five times the cost just to achieve the same end result. 

No-brainier. 

Yup:good:

I recently bought a Hills pump mk5 ,  but not with the dry pack .

I too only Shoot my pcp’s when hunting so topping up isn't to hard , even for me who has a really bad back.

So much so I am selling my big bottle (12ltr), and just keeping my smaller  7 ltr. 

So if you just top up , its pretty easy if you follow the advice of people on here. Full strokes , using legs and body weight .👍