New cities charging (clean air zone)

loriusgarrulus

https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

I know a lot of you, like me have 4x4 vehicles older than 2016, so this could affect you. I don't go into Greater Manchester a lot, but after May it is off my list of places to buy from. I feel sorry for tradespeople who live within the boundary who have vans and pickups etc.

There are 5 more cities going to join London.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

43 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

I know a lot of you, like me have 4x4 vehicles older than 2016, so this could affect you. I don't go into Greater Manchester a lot, but after May it is off my list of places to buy from. I feel sorry for tradespeople who live within the boundary who have vans and pickups etc.

Sod ‘em. I’m with you, I will shop elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, your right on trades people let alone independent shops, if I ever go to Oxford or Swindon I get the free bus 🤔👍

and I wouldn’t travel on a bus even if it was free.

3 hours ago, London Best said:

Sod ‘em. I’m with you, I will shop elsewhere.

and I wouldn’t travel on a bus even if it was free.

Oh so you happy to drive into London soon and pay the money, unless you actually live in the city where most people use the bus or tube, I am happy to get free travel, 

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Oh so you happy to drive into London soon and pay the money, unless you actually live in the city where most people use the bus or tube, I am happy to get free travel, 

The last time I went on a bus was 1972, on holiday in Jersey. I got off and walked into a car hire place. I hate buses, or any public transport, but especially buses. I have never bothered to apply for a bus pass because I wouldn’t use it. ***. would I want to go into London for?

To be honest , I'm not a fan of buses . If I got onto an empty bus , the very next passenger that got on , would be a mad old lady that smells of cat wee , and she'd sit right next to me , and put her hand on my knee and tell me all about her cats .

My late father would walk ten miles , rather than get on a bus ( for the same reasons as me).

I fully appreciate that buses are a lifeline for many people,  especially older people , and many people that live in rural areas . 

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

To be honest , I'm not a fan of buses . If I got onto an empty bus , the very next passenger that got on , would be a mad old lady that smells of cat wee , and she'd sit right next to me , and put her hand on my knee and tell me all about her cats .

My late father would walk ten miles , rather than get on a bus ( for the same reasons as me).

I fully appreciate that buses are a lifeline for many people,  especially older people , and many people that live in rural areas . 

So glad it’s not just me. As a kid I was regularly sick on buses. I get the mad old lady bit, but she is probably the least of many evils. I don’t use trains either, and only go on aeroplanes because it is not practical to drive.

Noticed in the local paper that my town council are to install air monitoring equipment in our (already dead) town.

We already have to pay to park anywhere in town so we go elsewhere to shop.

Wonder how that will benefit us.

Edited by Good shot?

3 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Noticed in the local paper that my town council are to install air monitoring equipment in our (already dead) town.

We already have to pay to park anywhere in town so we go elsewhere to shop.

Wonder how that will benefit us.

It wont, it is just another costly, trendy, vanity project by the Labour council.

18 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

If this was to try and reduce the traffic going into Manchester or on the M60/62 I could understand it, but it's not, it's the whole Manchester Borough,  which covers an awfully big area.

I think the only way to have your say as an individual is to email the relevant councils and inform them that as a result, you will no longer be able to afford to shop locally to support independent retailers and will therefore be shopping online. You need to make it known to local retailers that this is what you intend to do, as they as a collective will be able to lobby their councils as a body. 
We already pay enough taxes, and this is merely another form of revenue.