F1 Challenge - Sporting Targets

discobob

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

You wear a blazer shooting?

On Sunday you needed to wear as many layers as possible 😂 especially from the 3 hour point!

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

for heaven’s sake no wonder your score is so bad🤭🤔

No - I take full responsibility for my scores :D

one only wears them at Henley and the yatch club 🤭

I was barred from those places without even going

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, London Best said:

Yeah, that puts it nicely.

I was given a bright orange one with ATA ARMS written on it.  
Free to any of you collectors if you want it.

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Better to give it to a young lad I’m sure TC has earned his 

Yes offer it to a youngster, biggest question has got to be, what were you offered the hat for, surely you weren't looking to buy an ATA?

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes offer it to a youngster, biggest question has got to be, what were you offered the hat for, surely you weren't looking to buy an ATA?

No, a forest ranger mate was invited to an ATA promotion and was given the hat, so he unloaded it on to me. I have worn it a couple of times to keep the sun out of my eyes when shooting clays. Goes well with the H&H.

edit: isn’t an ata someone who sells ats?

Edited by London Best

22 hours ago, discobob said:

Apparently only the guest winning team got hats - along with cups and a pen. We came second - must try harder (although I am sure my score got discarded  )

Hopefully Essex Masters next for me - a buddy is seeing if we can get on on the Friday this morning. I am also trying to find information on the Blaser - it popped up in my FB feed the other day and now can't find anything about it when googling.

The Blaser open is at Orston on 23/24 April  its on their competitions and FB page.

hi.

discobob , i attended the F1 challenge also , ended up with 73 , you beat me by one :) , we were in the same situation as you , we came into the room late , missed the raffle .and prizes . but on that note my squad reaaly enjoyed it.

i think our squad came third overall.

i just hope they sort it better next time. 

On 18/01/2022 at 11:34, lozrob said:

hi.

discobob , i attended the F1 challenge also , ended up with 73 , you beat me by one  , we were in the same situation as you , we came into the room late , missed the raffle .and prizes . but on that note my squad reaaly enjoyed it.

I think I saw your squad coming in then - just after we had finished. I will do it again next year and hopefully they will get it sorted. Next for me I think is the Essex Masters event wise. I am having a session with @beretta soon to brush up a bit and will be doing Catton and perhaps Old Glossup and Kingsley before then to get practice in

On 23/01/2022 at 09:04, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Knock him in to shape please, see if you can find his potential!  

@beretta will be the latest in a long line of people to try :D

Mind you - the way I shot at Catton on Sunday he will need to bring a sledge hammer 😞 The score card is in my boot and I am still to scared to look. Absolutely a nightmare start - lesson learnt - blue lenses (new) are not good in woods with Orange Clays

2 hours ago, discobob said:

@beretta will be the latest in a long line of people to try

Mind you - the way I shot at Catton on Sunday he will need to bring a sledge hammer 😞 The score card is in my boot and I am still to scared to look. Absolutely a nightmare start - lesson learnt - blue lenses (new) are not good in woods with Orange Clays

Particularly down hill  😂😂🤣

4 hours ago, discobob said:

@beretta will be the latest in a long line of people to try

Oh my god you are a shooting fashion TART!   :w00t:

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh my god you are a shooting fashion TART!   

Damn - you have discovered my secret 🤣 I use BH as my role model!!!

TBH - I flattened my old pilla frames at Christmas - and to by another set it worked out "sort of mans logic" cheaper to buy a frame and lens set - I chose the blue to see what they are like.

I predominantly use a light purple though or unless it is very bright I have a dark red....I wore them at Sporting Targets :D

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have been using either yellow or violet a lot lately and very dark grey in the summer, remeber that?

I had the option of blue or yellow - wish I had gone for the latter now. Although the reason I chose blue is a shoot last year at FD where the low house black clay wasn’t coming out of the hill on a layout - the light was terrible as well making the clay virtually unvisablet

• 11 months later...

Well, another year, and another F1 Challenge Shoot.

I went down with a buddy, to meet up with another 2 from down South - but one of them got whipped into Hospital on Saturday evening so we had a squad of 3.

My buddy was high gun at 93, I was joint third at 81, and the third guy was 5th at 79. We were fifth in the team rankings, however if we had a 4th with a score of 67 or more we would have won (ex 400 to count)

It was a good day and lucky with the rain - it was much better organised this year and was able to shoot it in just over 2 hours, followed by a raffle with lots of prizes (our 3rd got a bottle of fancy Gin), and then the awards.

Dave came away with a Trophy, a cap, and a free entry to a registered at Sporting Targets - not great when you live 150 miles away TBH.

We had a great ref - but I am hopeless with names 😞 he does a lot of the majors (little guy with glasses - great laugh)

On 18/01/2022 at 11:34, lozrob said:

hi.

discobob , i attended the F1 challenge also , ended up with 73 , you beat me by one :) , we were in the same situation as you , we came into the room late , missed the raffle .and prizes . but on that note my squad reaaly enjoyed it.

Hi @lozrob

Did you make it this year??

I did message @TIGHTCHOKEto see if he was going to be there but haven't heard back off him.. Would have been nice to meet up with him

• 11 months later...
On 09/01/2023 at 13:27, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I will get back there one day, I promise.

Well, TC kept his promise and we met up last Sunday for the F1 Challenge at Sporting Targets

i couldn’t hit toffee for half of it but I did wake up with my back telling me it didn’t like the hotel bed which it grumbled about all day!! ☹️

me and 2 buddies travelled down from North Wales/Wirral (one on the morning due to work) and met up with TC and his mate,Graham and we had a good laugh with a lot of cursing!!

we came third out of the shooters (17 squads went through of various sizes) - the weather was cold but dry - and not a bitter cold thank <insert your deity here> 😀

Roll on 2025 for the next one - glutton for punishment!!