Rolls Royce

ditchman

im of a generation where a fair days pay for a fair days work..and overtime at a time and a half and double time on sundays...was more or less the norm.........

in the last two years we have seen the world turned upside down due to C-19.....buisnesses have gone to the wall...people have lost their jobs ...and homes ...food banks.....it has all been very sad seeing folk losing everything they have worked for.............

so please tell me ........why is it that Rolls Royce have last year released their figures that show their best ever trading year......and this year their sales are up by 49% compared to the previous year.............what is happing here .....where is this money coming from and at who's expense

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

what is happing here .....where is this money coming from and at who's expense

Biggest transfer of wealth is currently going on - Friends of the government getting lucrative PPI deals splashing out on a RR etc.. and is more than likely replicated in other countries round the world as well.

I heard a figure that Afghanistan cost the USA 15 trillion of which 7.5 trillion went into the private contractors....

Important to point out Rolls Royce (company) don't make cars, they make jet engines, nuclear reactors and other defence and aviation items. I think they were hit very hard by the pandemic but have sold off an number of business they had so that's what probably makes the books look better. Also the defence side has been stable and if sales have been way down the last couple of years it isnt hard to have a big increase. As I understand it they make most of their money from engine servicing so the more long haul flights the more money they make.

2 minutes ago, bigroomboy said:

Important to point out Rolls Royce (company) don't make cars, they make jet engines, nuclear reactors and other defence and aviation items. I think they were hit very hard by the pandemic but have sold off an number of business they had so that's what probably makes the books look better. Also the defence side has been stable and if sales have been way down the last couple of years it isnt hard to have a big increase. As I understand it they make most of their money from engine servicing so the more long haul flights the more money they make.

i am relating just the car figures .........

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

in the last two years we have seen the world turned upside down due to C-19.....buisnesses have gone to the wall...people have lost their jobs ...and homes ...food banks.....it has all been very sad seeing folk losing everything they have worked for.............

answered your own question ditchy covid has given the greedy even more of the needy to live of you only have to watch daily food price rises to see it boom time for the greedy since day one of covid 

I'm afraid I'm out of sync with most on this topic. I have no problem whatsoever with some people having more money/assets than others. It is the basis of the free world. What's the alternatives? Should we all send our monthly pay/pension cheques and savings to feed the starving? Should we all earn the same wage unskilled or highly qualified? Shouldn't companies make profits to safeguard jobs and keep the wheels of industry turning? Etc etc etc. Regards 

PS  I live comfortably on the state pension and small private pension, so no fat cat!

46 minutes ago, scouser said:

I think rollers are own by Volkswagen, & Bentley owed by BMW

Other way round in fact - BMW own RR (RR Motors, not aero engines etc.) and RR cars use mostly BMW running gear with a fancy bodywork/trim added.

VW own Bentley.  I believe there is some component sharing with other VW/Audi products?

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, benbobailey said:

I'm afraid I'm out of sync with most on this topic. I have no problem whatsoever with some people having more money/assets than others. It is the basis of the free world. What's the alternatives? Should we all send our monthly pay/pension cheques and savings to feed the starving? Should we all earn the same wage unskilled or highly qualified? Shouldn't companies make profits to safeguard jobs and keep the wheels of industry turning? Etc etc etc. Regards 

PS  I live comfortably on the state pension and small private pension, so no fat cat!

read  my first post..........im not surgesting at all that we should all become communist.......i just want to know WHY in these times is it like that ...thats all

24 minutes ago, ditchman said:

read  my first post..........im not surgesting at all that we should all become communist.......i just want to know WHY in these times is it like that ...thats all.

Yes, I realise that in these troubled times some companies have struggled and some have gone. However, surely lessons should be learned about survival and growth from successful companies such as RR. If they have indeed made the profits suggested in the current world situation, then I find it a remarkable achievement, to be admired and emulated . We all have different opinions of course. Regards

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

im of a generation where a fair days pay for a fair days work..and overtime at a time and a half and double time on sundays...was more or less the norm.........

so please tell me ........why is it that Rolls Royce have last year released their figures that show their best ever trading year......and this year their sales are up by 49% compared to the previous year.............what is happing here .....where is this money coming from and at who's expense

Diversity maybe ditchy?

Aero engines, marine propulsion, nuclear generation,vehicles?

19 minutes ago, old man said:

Didn't see that bud must be orders placed by the people who were patronised by those in power over Covid PPU?

I'm with ditchie , you probably ain't far from the truth . Covid has seen a lot of losers , but it's also seen a lot of very big winners. 

42 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'm with ditchie , you probably ain't far from the truth . Covid has seen a lot of losers , but it's also seen a lot of very big winners. 

Yep and I don't see the co conspirators bought to book either cause we don't ever do that here we give them knight hoods?