The shooting show 2022

crossy 666

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was considering going till i realised that the prices have gone up significantly. The last time i went was 2020 where the total cost ( excluding fuel ) was £33. Adults were £18 a ticket and children under 15 were free. Now the total cost will be nearer £100 as not only have adult tickets gone up to £25 but children from 0-15 are now £15... and on top of that i now need to pay parking. 

Its a trade fair, £33 was about right but its now closer to £100 to be able to get in to buy things.... . I suspect that this year will be quieter than 2020 when people suddenly realise that for a family of 4 its now £70 more to visit. 

I would be really curious to those who do go what the show was like and if the extra £70 was worth it  ?

2020.png

2022.png

Support a show that only allows exhibitors for the type of shooting that the organisers deem acceptable? For let us remember that safari outfitters were banned by the organisers in response to petitions and pressure. What's next to be damned and barred? Pheasant shooting, deer stalking? Vermin shooting? Pigeon shooting? No I won't be going to support a "show" that has banned my fellow law abiding sportsmen and sportswomen from exhibiting there.

Edited by enfieldspares

22 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Support a show that only allows exhibitors for the type of shooting that the organisers deem acceptable? For let us remember that safari outfitters were banned by the organisers in response to petitions and pressure. What's next to be damned and barred? Pheasant shooting, deer stalking? Vermin shooting? Pigeon shooting? No I won't be going to support a "show" that has banned my fellow law abiding sportsmen and sportswomen from exhibiting there.

👍

6 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Agree 

17 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

👍

I’ve just booked my tickets online for both the show And parking. 

Wonder if anyone knows what the crack with parking is? I went on the NEC website, filled out all my details for parking including reg and payment details (standard parking £12) get to the end of the booking form, clicked “pay now” then an error flagged up “something went wrong”..

Decided to go back through the form again and half way through I get an online banking notification to state £12 paid to the NEC… I then quickly cancelled my new form

However, my worry not is that I haven’t had any email notification from the NEC and have no idea where I am parking or indeed now how I prove I have paid? 

Anyone know the answer? 

Cheers, 

Dave

14 hours ago, WinchesterDave said:

Wonder if anyone knows what the crack with parking is?

Does this help?

So it would appear the organisers just rolled over and took it because they perceived the NEC had them over a barrel.

Well, I like many others will certainly not be paying twice just for the privilege of attending.

Game fair it is.

Well I’m going tomorrow an will let all know what it’s like when I get home yes it is a rip off compared too the camping caravan show suppose they will get more thru the doors for that show and that’s why they charge less also possibly the exhibitors stump up and spread the cost of parking, also going to the stalking show at Stafford but not sure which day

Edited by Marka11