The shooting show 2022

crossy 666

On 15/02/2022 at 07:43, crossy 666 said:

279FFC79-B2DB-4DCB-B07D-AAF6B91925A8.png

So you can go and spend the day there looking at tents and caravans for £10 with free parking but if your a shooter it will cost you £30+ I think someone is trying to take the urine 

Im going Wednesday, Might sell all my shooting stuff and buy a caravan. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from the show it was quite busy saw the YouTube celebrities mincing about if you want a bargain you got hunt for it cheapest gun saw there was £40 suspect someone would have bought it before end of day, a lot of nice stuff guns etc for sale if you got the money, you could buy a rifle and bullets but not a knife which I was after saw a nice one but was a pita to try and buy it so left alone. Me and the missus bought a couple of things when I got home looked up online what we bought we saved about £90 so take tickets etc we were up by about £15 result. Some guy thought he was Rambo on the Barrett stand with what looked like a 50cal I just looked at his missus shook my head think she was thinking same as me wanted an action look pic of himself  😂😂 there was the usual clothing stuff some names never heard off an some tat we were there at 9am and in the pub at Stone Staffs by 4.30 anyway would we go again probably no seen it done it looking forward to the stalking show now

I’m not prepared to disclose who they were but me and my mate both received separate phone calls from one of are local gun shops asking us to go on line and say we had been to the show today and tell everyone how good it was and how people should go. How desperate have people got. We both said sorry we would have to decline 

16 minutes ago, crossy 666 said:

I’m not prepared to disclose who they were but me and my mate both received separate phone calls from one of are local gun shops asking us to go on line and say we had been to the show today and tell everyone how good it was and how people should go. How desperate have people got. We both said sorry we would have to decline 

fair play to both of you nice some people have integrity and standards these days 

On 15/01/2022 at 09:47, London Best said:

I have been to two of the Shooting Shows at NEC and both times found them very disappointing.

Me to.  It is only down the road from me but I wouldn't go anyway.  When it was at the old Royal Show ground it was brilliant. All small separate areas and much warmer atmosphere.   Last time I went I considered it a rip off. Amazing people still go.

20 hours ago, crossy 666 said:

Well done pair of you why should you comment etc on something or some where you are not going too or visiting by your location I have an idea who it may be couple of miles down the A50 from where you live if it is one and the same they didn’t seem that busy yesterday I wouldn’t buy anything of them and no time for them.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Me to.  It is only down the road from me but I wouldn't go anyway.  When it was at the old Royal Show ground it was brilliant. All small separate areas and much warmer atmosphere.   Last time I went I considered it a rip off. Amazing people still go.

This. I went to it at Newark, at Stoneleigh and at the NEC. But for me and my eight year old it'd be £45 plus parking. Someone is taking the Mickey. And to see the man from the show saying that for four blokes the parking is only the cost of a Starbuck's coffee each? What twaddle...he may be happy to pay £3 a cup for coffee...folk that live in the real world don't!

Edited by enfieldspares

On 14/02/2022 at 19:05, enfieldspares said:

Support a show that only allows exhibitors for the type of shooting that the organisers deem acceptable? For let us remember that safari outfitters were banned by the organisers in response to petitions and pressure. What's next to be damned and barred? Pheasant shooting, deer stalking? Vermin shooting? Pigeon shooting? No I won't be going to support a "show" that has banned my fellow law abiding sportsmen and sportswomen from exhibiting there.

Good post!

I think the days of the old shows we all used to go to get bargains on the last day and such are over with unfortunately, don't get me wrong every thing these days is a rip off and not cheap just look at fuel but we have to keep at it i think, for me the show at Harrogate is the last chance we will ever have of the old shows we used to all go and enjoy and just not get round in a day as there was so much to see.   

• 1 month later...
On 17/02/2022 at 19:21, Dougy said:

Im going Wednesday, Might sell all my shooting stuff and buy a caravan. 

ya know what mate i thought about selling all my gear and just going away more in the caravan. its starting to lose its appeal and out price itself shooting.

23 minutes ago, SPARKIE said:

ya know what mate i thought about selling all my gear and just going away more in the caravan. its starting to lose its appeal and out price itself shooting.

Price wise i am not to bothered with the amount of stock i have,😉 what i have found is that the last 2 years with Covid having such an impact on all of our lives our habits and culture has undergone a huge change. I still get out when i feel like and just shoot the odd Deer when i need bangers and burgers. 

5 hours ago, Dougy said:

Price wise i am not to bothered with the amount of stock i have,😉 what i have found is that the last 2 years with Covid having such an impact on all of our lives our habits and culture has undergone a huge change. I still get out when i feel like and just shoot the odd Deer when i need bangers and burgers. 

its starting to get silly for me now Michael shoots too.

If i go Rosendale for the day I'm chucking £50 quid in just for diesel plus ammo 2x .308 and some small cal stuffs getting expensive to feed lol

same if i go doveridge £20 diesel, 2x brekkys £12, 200x clays £66, 200 carts £60 

I started fishing match's again last year i can go sit at the side of a lake with £10 worth of bait and spend the whole day there. 

i also have my own pond on the shoot that I've been feeding up the ducks on and put some carp in. i have fish to 7lb in it and can go fish it and take a gun whenever i want which seems to be the norm lately. its peaceful and private.

Edited by SPARKIE

9 minutes ago, SPARKIE said:

If i go Rosendale for the day I'm chucking £50 quid in just for diesel plus ammo 2x .308 and some small cal stuffs getting expensive to feed lol

same if i go doveridge £20 diesel, 2x brekkys £12, 200x clays £66, 200 carts £60 

I started fishing match's again last year i can go sit at the side of a lake with £10 worth of bait and spend the whole day there. 

i also have my own pond on the shoot that I've been feeding up the ducks on and put some carp in. i have fish to 7lb in it and can go fish it and take a gun whenever i want which seems to be the norm lately. its peaceful and private.

Lucky devil!🙂

48 minutes ago, SPARKIE said:

I was going to post, “chicken feed”, but wheat is over £300/ton!

Seriously, as shooting goes you are getting cheap sport.