Free to a good home - Dead owl

WalkedUp

Walked up I am sure you are right about it being a sad RTA case seen a few blinded by headlights and hit stuff on roads - but just to be on the safe side are you anywhere near any of the current avian flu outbreak areas ? 

transmissions to other non water based species is unlikely but not impossible afaik

ps not an expert just though worth mentioning!

Agriv8

18 minutes ago, dazb1967 said:

Picked one up a few years ago on our way ferreting, the ****** was still alive but just stunned, 3 of us nearly **** ourselves when it came round, Don't know who got the bigger fright.

My father tells a great story from year ago, where he found a barn owl in a similar state and put it in a hessian bag in the back of his Mini Van

... about 15 mins later he had the shock of his life when a set of talons dug into his shoulder!!

44 minutes ago, dazb1967 said:

Picked one up a few years ago on our way ferreting, the ****** was still alive but just stunned, 3 of us nearly **** ourselves when it came round, Don't know who got the bigger fright.

24 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

My father tells a great story from year ago, where he found a barn owl in a similar state and put it in a hessian bag in the back of his Mini Van

... about 15 mins later he had the shock of his life when a set of talons dug into his shoulder!!

Many years ago (50+), on a road near Woburn Abbey, my father picked up a cock pheasant that had been hit by the car in front and he put it behind the drivers seat in what was then a million quids worth of hand built prototype FE Vauxhall Victor.

The thing came to life before he had gone too far and splattered blood all over the cream leather interior......