Anyone worried about Putin ?

ditchman

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

what im worried about is, im having fish and chips tonight, do i have it with beans or coleslaw?

dont talk to me about fish&chips...had 2 haddock and chips from Harleston £18 bloody quid

2 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

what im worried about is, im having fish and chips tonight, do i have it with beans or coleslaw?

It all plays well with the Russian people who love having their President playing the strong man by standing up against what they're conditioned to believe is the west constantly trying to undermine their society.

In reality the west would more than happy to get along with Russia as a trading partner and perhaps even an ally in resisting the pressure from the real  threat to the global power balance, China.

Edited by Westward

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

100,000 troops on the ukraine border (disputed)...........putin wants all NATO troops to take a hike..........

yawn.........do we need to worry about this.....ontop of Boris's parties

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He will always be trouble!

But what about putin?

As ninjaferret said he will keep pushing in the hope that china invade taiwan or nepal then he can move across Ukraine unnoticed, hes already got troops in kazakhstan all be it at the kazakhstan governments request but i'm betting they don't leave!

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

100,000 troops on the ukraine border (disputed)

Well Ditchman I think that Mr Putin is an amazing military tactician. While the west is looking at Ukraine he walks right into Kazakhstan unopposed  by invitation. Kazakhstan has amazing mineral wealth and resources including gas and oil and most importantly Uranium. 

fuel prices in the west are rocketing, we can not afford to go to war, and what does  Mr Putin do….. he secures his own supplies for many years to come and who does he sell it to….. the west and the Uk. Perfect storm our nuclear power stations are coming to be decommissioned our coal fired plants are being pulled down and not just here in the UK, I would say he has us over a barrel both for fuel and financially.

Nato has snapped up I think it’s 13-14 former soviet bloc countries and allowed them to join NATO including Estonia Latvia Poland etc right on his borders. Makes NATO look aggressive playing in his back yard! 
So I think he will bide his time and place his people in Ukraine and stage  demonstrations and a period of further unrest and wait for the invite learning from his annexation of Crimea and from history with the Sudetenland. 
Mr Putin sees this as reclaiming and rejoining the bits of the former Soviet Block as well as expansion Into the cauldron of the Middle East I.e. Syria as peacekeeping duties…. Second leg of a pincer movement. 

as for China they have been building man made Island in the South China Sea they will not be opposed when they enter Taiwan I would be surprised if Mr Johnson or Mr Biden or their successors want to get into a shooting war with Mr Jinping.

I don’t know who is pushing and who is pulling? Well beyond my pay grade.

5 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

I'm with you Ditchy, he's pushing and pushing to see how far he can go and get away with.

As for tea I can not abide the smell of mushy peas they are an unnatural green and have been conjured up by Beelzebub himself.

19 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Curry sauce 🤭

only if your feeling a bit spicy!! But I will give you that - if it is with MP as well 

13 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Shhhh 🤫 don’t tell Putin f&c + mp, is code f WW111

Biden is reaching for the football with all these coded references flying about!!!

19 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Hello, neither , not every ones favourite , tin of marrowfat peas 🤔 getting back to Simon's post on Putin , you only have to look at past events on Russian power but at the moment it's stalemate with NATO forces, but who will back down ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper