Anyone worried about Putin ?

ditchman

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, discobob said:

I wonder if they [the Russians] will just stop at the East this time??

Hello, seems like UK, USA, and most EU countries are talking hot air , it's no good giving Ukraine  Arms and no boots on the ground, Once Putin gets his Army covered in Luhansk and Donetsk will it be to late for the Ukrainians 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Then Putin will take the rest of Ukraine within a month.

I wouldnt bet money on that happening.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, on sky news an interview with a retired Army officer in Germany ?? he's classified Putin spot on, I just hope there's no one killed on the Ukrainian citizens and the west stands up to this madman , he won't stop at Ukraine

Where do you think he would stop ?

image.jpeg.8202bc5abbf3c00f470f2f75abac64cc.jpeg NATO doctrine says that an attack on one member is an attack on all.

When European countries have standing armies, with better equipment, better navies, and home turf air and logistical support, and Russia lacks the ability to conduct longer range combat missions, there is actually very little likelihood of Russkie tanks rolling down the Champs Elysees.

The Soviet armies of the cold war simply dont exist anymore, they are more compact, the tank hordes that we all feared growing up, are scrap metal , or hastily modernised , and easy prey for gunships and anti tank missiles.
So unless Russia rapidly increases its defence spending ( Its less than the UKs) by about 10 x , its going absolutely no where, and thats not happening because they havent got the money.

I find it very difficult to believe he would try and take Ukraine proper, the costs would be too high , and Russia at this time could ill afford it, the annexing of Donbass was going to happen at some point anyway, but could easily have been prevented if the west had engaged in genuine diplomacy , rather than the early 20 th century style sabre rattling that it did.

Sanctions wise , the US has got exactly what it wanted, a possibility to disrupt the Nordstream agreement.
Which makes you wonder if thats what it was all about from the start.

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm I don't see how NATO can outright take on Russia over Ukraine because its not a member.

Ukraine is classed as a NATO 'partner' they conduct military exercises together, often in Ukraine.
But stepping in to assist a non member wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt another nuclear armed superpower doing the attacking.
That said , you could look at it another way, NATO would like Ukraine to become a full member, but Ukraine is hesitant, it knows Russia will be very unhappy with this , so how to convince Ukraine it really NEEDS to become a member really quickly ?
NATO also knows Russia is under the impression it was promised this wouldnt happen (in principle) but needs an excuse to 'protect' poor threatened Ukraine.
The solution is to hype up the Russian invasion threat, provoke Russia into doing something , and FORCE the Ukrainians to think harder , while sanctioning Russia, and getting the EU to cancel Nordstream 2.

Its called subterfuge.

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I wouldnt bet money on that happening.

Where do you think he would stop ?

image.jpeg.8202bc5abbf3c00f470f2f75abac64cc.jpeg NATO doctrine says that an attack on one member is an attack on all.

When European countries have standing armies, with better equipment, better navies, and home turf air and logistical support, and Russia lacks the ability to conduct longer range combat missions, there is actually very little likelihood of Russkie tanks rolling down the Champs Elysees.

The Soviet armies of the cold war simply dont exist anymore, they are more compact, the tank hordes that we all feared growing up, are scrap metal , or hastily modernised , and easy prey for gunships and anti tank missiles.
So unless Russia rapidly increases its defence spending ( Its less than the UKs) by about 10 x , its going absolutely no where, and thats not happening because they havent got the money.

I find it very difficult to believe he would try and take Ukraine proper, the costs would be too high , and Russia at this time could ill afford it, the annexing of Donbass was going to happen at some point anyway, but could easily have been prevented if the west had engaged in genuine diplomacy , rather than the early 20 th century style sabre rattling that it did.

Sanctions wise , the US has got exactly what it wanted, a possibility to disrupt the Nordstream agreement.
Which makes you wonder if thats what it was all about from the start.

Hello, I was looking for a map of Russia pre revolution to see what has changed or gone back under Russian control, I was hoping to get out today but weathers a total ****

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ukraine is classed as a NATO 'partner' they conduct military exercises together, often in Ukraine.
But stepping in to assist a non member wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt another nuclear armed superpower doing the attacking.
That said , you could look at it another way, NATO would like Ukraine to become a full member, but Ukraine is hesitant, it knows Russia will be very unhappy with this , so how to convince Ukraine it really NEEDS to become a member really quickly ?
NATO also knows Russia is under the impression it was promised this wouldnt happen (in principle) but needs an excuse to 'protect' poor threatened Ukraine.
The solution is to hype up the Russian invasion threat, provoke Russia into doing something , and FORCE the Ukrainians to think harder , while sanctioning Russia, and getting the EU to cancel Nordstream 2.

Its called subterfuge.

That's cleared up some bits for me thanks. Would I be right to say its broadly similar to Russia and Belarus? 

29 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I was looking for a map of Russia pre revolution to see what has changed or gone back under Russian control, I was hoping to get out today but weathers a total ****

Tsarist Russia 1905.

Poland didnt exist, Germany was much larger and contained parts of present day Poland and Kalinigrad, no Ukraine, no Baltic states,  even Finland was part of the Russian empire

1905 Revolution | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (4 September 1905) |  Omniatlas

Battle of Warsaw | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (12 August 1920) |  Omniatlas                                                                                 Post WW1 ,Baltic states , Finland and Poland appear, Germany still has E Prussian, but the old Austro hungarian empire has gone forever.

1939 Poland is divided between hitler and stalin.

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (28 October  1939) | Omniatlas

1946 , East European puppet states under Russia, Germany divided. E. Prussia is divided between Poland and Russia, with Russias part renamed as kalinigrad.

Warsaw Pact | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (21 September 1955) |  Omniatlas

2020 Russian federation, Baltic states independent, Crimea annexed.

Northern Eurasia Today | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (15 January  2022) | Omniatlas

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Tsarist Russia 1905.

Poland didnt exist, Germany was much larger and contained parts of present day Poland and Kalinigrad, no Ukraine, no Baltic states,  even Finland was part of the Russian empire

1905 Revolution | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (4 September 1905) |  Omniatlas

Battle of Warsaw | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (12 August 1920) |  Omniatlas                                                                                 Post WW1 ,Baltic states , Finland and Poland appear, Germany still has E Prussian, but the old Austro hungarian empire has gone forever.

1939 Poland is divided between hitler and stalin.

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (28 October  1939) | Omniatlas

1946 , East European puppet states under Russia, Germany divided. E. Prussia is divided between Poland and Russia, with Russias part renamed as kalinigrad.

Warsaw Pact | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (21 September 1955) |  Omniatlas

2020 Russian federation, Baltic states independent, Crimea annexed.

Northern Eurasia Today | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (15 January  2022) | Omniatlas

image.png

image.png

Thanks for that 👍

29 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Last time the population got called up for boots on the ground people were fit and thin.

Good luck calling up the U.K. men of today 🤣🤣 

Good luck, being in reciept of a war pension and 56 puts me in 4th line defence, if i have to put my boots on we have already lost.