Anyone worried about Putin ?

ditchman

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Well i solved problem, had both, beans and coleslaw :good:washed down with can of Irn-Bru.

Marrowfats give more bang for your buck?

17 hours ago, Rookandrabbit said:

Well Ditchman I think that Mr Putin is an amazing military tactician. While the west is looking at Ukraine he walks right into Kazakhstan unopposed  by invitation. Kazakhstan has amazing mineral wealth and resources including gas and oil and most importantly Uranium. 

fuel prices in the west are rocketing, we can not afford to go to war, and what does  Mr Putin do….. he secures his own supplies for many years to come and who does he sell it to….. the west and the Uk. Perfect storm our nuclear power stations are coming to be decommissioned our coal fired plants are being pulled down and not just here in the UK, I would say he has us over a barrel both for fuel and financially.

Nato has snapped up I think it’s 13-14 former soviet bloc countries and allowed them to join NATO including Estonia Latvia Poland etc right on his borders. Makes NATO look aggressive playing in his back yard! 
So I think he will bide his time and place his people in Ukraine and stage  demonstrations and a period of further unrest and wait for the invite learning from his annexation of Crimea and from history with the Sudetenland. 
Mr Putin sees this as reclaiming and rejoining the bits of the former Soviet Block as well as expansion Into the cauldron of the Middle East I.e. Syria as peacekeeping duties…. Second leg of a pincer movement. 

As long as if/when it all kicks off we tell them to £*** off?

43 minutes ago, old man said:

As long as if/when it all kicks off we tell them to £*** off?

I think I will be too busy trying to avoid all the people who enjoy mushy peas. I will say it again They have a Horrible smell they are unnaturally green and they have been conjured up by Beelzebub himself for people who have NO tastebuds I am sure!😂🤣😂🤣 Garden peas everyday if the week especially with battered cod and chips BUT must have brown vinegar and salt.

3 minutes ago, Rookandrabbit said:

I think I will be too busy trying to avoid all the people who enjoy mushy peas. I will say it again They have a Horrible smell they are unnaturally green and they have been conjured up by Beelzebub himself for people who have NO tastebuds I am sure!😂🤣😂🤣 Garden peas everyday if the week especially with battered cod and chips BUT must have brown vinegar and salt.

Marrowfats rule ok. Peas for real men? :good:really test the keks?

8 minutes ago, Rookandrabbit said:

But they always lead to bath night!

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-shifrinson-russia-us-nato-deal--20160530-snap-story.html

This outlines the 'deal' struck between NATO and Russian, that NATO would not seek to expand close to Russias borders.
If Ukraine joins NATO , virtually its entire western and south western borders would be NATO members.
Bear in mind Russia had its bottom kicked in WW2 by an aggressive expansionist power, and very nearly got wiped out.

Western MSM loves the concept of Russian 'aggression' , yet the proof is indeed in the pudding, whilst in early cold war days, Russia did appear to try some expansion, often aggressively , but it really pales into comparison to recent US forays, especially when it comes to civilian body count.
Since the USSR became the Russian federation, its really not been anywhere near as bad as the Afghanistans , Iraqs and Libyas of the Americans, as far as military projection goes , Russia has a small handful of overseas bases, the US has close to a hundred.
Russia has no realistic aircraft carrier force , and no real means of conducting long range troop movement, the US and NATO , have multiple carrier battle groups, and base their whole military strategy on worldwide troop movement.
How does it work that Russia is the aggressor , when it has no means of projecting militarily much further than its own borders ?

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

This outlines the 'deal' struck between NATO and Russian, that NATO would not seek to expand close to Russias borders.

Thanks Rewulf for such an illuminating video as I said NATO has been playing in his backyard encouraging the former soviet bloc countries to join despite treaties to the contrary. I still don’t think Mr Putin will invade I think he will be invited in by the Russian sympathisers and his fifth column who are already there in the East of Ukraine on the pretext of protecting Russians who have settled there. 
As for Russia being seen historically  as the aggressor this was a story put about to enhance mistrust during the Cold War and was further enhanced by a former German General now employed by the CIA who was supposed to have a spy network in what was the Soviet Union…….. WHY because it kept this German General out of war crimes investigation, It suited the CIA mantra at the time and thirdly after WW11 it kept the armament companies in business to keep up with the enemy spending millions of $ and pounds on now obsolete missiles tanks ships etc. As you are probably aware the UK built installations underground the size of small cities here just for the great and the good at a time when the UK was on the bones 🦴 of its bottom after the war.

Don’t please misunderstand me Mr Putin is an amazing tactician and as Ruthless as the next leader, the allegations of Salisbury and any other opponents of the regime  who mysteriously die and those of the conspiracy theorists who give other reasons as to why the MS Estonia sank are indications as to why the Cold War exists but only time will tell and as Mr Chamberlain did I think appeasement will be the result of any action by Russian forces. 

• 2 weeks later...

But all jokes aside America would wipe out Russian forces in a week.  The problem with Russian forces is they wear uniforms. When the USA is fights a known enemy in tanks and uniforms they can slaughter with impunity.  America failure comes when we occupy a area and try to when the hearts and minds buy building schools for the locals only to be shot by the locals. 

But while I’m ranting it wouldn’t bother me to see Russia roll across the Ukrainian.  American tax dollars has subsidized Eastern Europe’s defense for to long.  Let Eastern Europeans pay for their own defense.  Seems like the whole world looks to Americans to fund everything.  Sorry, rant over.  It’s tax time over here so you will hear more tax rants for at least another month as I move money around to pay my taxes.  

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I can't see much more than sabre rattling, as he often has. What does he have to gain? Ukraine is laden with natural resources, sure- in the current 'green' era perhaps this is attractive? Sanctions on exporting such riches would surely follow any invasion, except maybe to China.

Edited by margun

3 hours ago, margun said:

Personally, I can't see much more than sabre rattling, as he often has. What does he have to gain? Ukraine is laden with natural resources, sure- in the current 'green' era perhaps this is attractive? Sanctions on exporting such riches would surely follow any invasion, except maybe to China.

China is going to seize Taiwan 24 hours after the Ukrainian invasion begins.  Trump begged for Eastern Europe to build up their defense forces because he new this was a possibility.  

2008-2009 Russia invades and seizes Georgia, Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
2014 Russia takes the Crimean Peninsula.
 Trump gets elected and accused of being Russia’s puppet while actively trying to get Eastern Europe to build a stronger defense force to defend against Russia. 
2022, Biden takes over and Russian prepares to invade the Ukrainian.

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

China is going to seize Taiwan 24 hours after the Ukrainian invasion begins.  Trump begged for Eastern Europe to build up their defense forces because he new this was a possibility.  

2008-2009 Russia invades and seizes Georgia, Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
2014 Russia takes the Crimean Peninsula.
 Trump gets elected and accused of being Russia’s puppet while actively trying to get Eastern Europe to build a stronger defense force to defend against Russia. 
2022, Biden takes over and Russian prepares to invade the Ukrainian.

Biden couldn't run a bath, he's nothing more than a puppet. 

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Biden couldn't run a bath, he's nothing more than a puppet. 

It comes to something when the country supposedly about to be imminently invaded by the Russian horde, asks the US , and the West in general to calm down its sabre rattling.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/28/europe/ukraine-russia-zelensky-biden-intl/index.html

Personally , I dont think Russia has any interest in invading Ukraine proper, it would make them more of a social leper than they already are.
But if they did, theres little that NATO could do about it, Ukraine is not in NATO , is not technically a ally, and it would be just another excuse for the US to flex its NATO reach...Into an area that really has nothing to do with it, they would indeed look like as much of an aggressor as Russia, and making even eastern Europe a battleground would not be popular in the EU.
The mere fact that we are sending hundreds of tonnes of arms to Ukraine is a provocation in itself, are Ukraine paying for them , or is a gift to curtail the 'onslaught' of the bear ?
It looks to me like they are trying to restart the cold war.

Try and look at it from the Russian side, if Ukraine joins NATO , its options become ever more limited, and its security (of which it holds very dear) is severely compromised.
NATO has continually promised not to keep approaching Russian borders, it has reneged on this , and reneged on various arms limitation treaties, Putin has drawn a line in the sand , again...
The problem is , I dont think he realises the US , and the diminishing popularity of its clueless presidents appetite for war.

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It comes to something when the country supposedly about to be imminently invaded by the Russian horde, asks the US , and the West in general to calm down its sabre rattling.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/28/europe/ukraine-russia-zelensky-biden-intl/index.html

Personally , I dont think Russia has any interest in invading Ukraine proper, it would make them more of a social leper than they already are.
But if they did, theres little that NATO could do about it, Ukraine is not in NATO , is not technically a ally, and it would be just another excuse for the US to flex its NATO reach...Into an area that really has nothing to do with it, they would indeed look like as much of an aggressor as Russia, and making even eastern Europe a battleground would not be popular in the EU.
The mere fact that we are sending hundreds of tonnes of arms to Ukraine is a provocation in itself, are Ukraine paying for them , or is a gift to curtail the 'onslaught' of the bear ?
It looks to me like they are trying to restart the cold war.

Try and look at it from the Russian side, if Ukraine joins NATO , its options become ever more limited, and its security (of which it holds very dear) is severely compromised.
NATO has continually promised not to keep approaching Russian borders, it has reneged on this , and reneged on various arms limitation treaties, Putin has drawn a line in the sand , again...
The problem is , I dont think he realises the US , and the diminishing popularity of its clueless presidents appetite for war.

That about sums up my thoughts on the issue too, as you say NATO/the west if you like, has agreed in the past not to expand (possibly towards Russia?) but now seems to be going back on that agreement so Russia is baring its teeth with a demonstration of its potential and willingness for conflict if necessary.

It is not for Russia or any other country for that matter to decide the future of another. It is upto Ukraine to decide what it wants and what organisations it joins. 

Unfortunately following Afghanistan the US looks weak and without resolve. Russia is on an upward trajectory having started to break up the EU alliance with Brexit, make Germany dependent on its gas teat and suffered no ill effects from its occupation of Crimea. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

It is not for Russia or any other country for that matter to decide the future of another. It is upto Ukraine to decide what it wants and what organisations it joins. 

Unfortunately following Afghanistan the US looks weak and without resolve. Russia is on an upward trajectory having started to break up the EU alliance with Brexit, make Germany dependent on its gas teat and suffered no ill effects from its occupation of Crimea. 

Oh..... so it was Russia that coerced the UK into brexit

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

That about sums up my thoughts on the issue too, as you say NATO/the west if you like, has agreed in the past not to expand (possibly towards Russia?) but now seems to be going back on that agreement so Russia is baring its teeth with a demonstration of its potential and willingness for conflict if necessary.

The problem is , peace is not profitable, so there is a constant search for the next conflict.
This has to be balanced with public appetite for such conflict, they do, as a rule ,  have to pay for it in sweat, taxes and blood, so a little coercion is needed to create that appetite.....Decide for yourself how far they will go with that coercion ...

Have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUJpWYtGWM

The 'meat' starts at 2 minutes, but its all interesting stuff.
If you are like me and used to detest Russell Brand, give him a chance, he has come on a bit.

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

It is not for Russia or any other country for that matter to decide the future of another.

I dont think the US got the memo on that one.

3 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Oh..... so it was Russia that coerced the UK into brexit

Ha, some still say that , but if anything coerced us , it was the EU, by its soviet era style behaviour.. Which reminds me of another organisation that thinks its a country , and truly does believe it can decide the future of another state.