Jump to content

Anyone worried about Putin ?


ditchman
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old Nigel Farage put it concisely today on youtube.  Pull back any suggestion of Ukraine or any other of those eastern Europeans joining Nato, Nato has alreay pushed up the Baltic and surrounded a small part of Russia.. To do so is a sure sign of aggression to Putin and to withdraw that offer would take away any legitimate reason for him to invade,   The main aggressores are the EU who have pushed into eastern Europe attempting to build their 'Empire'.    Also bear in mind that Putin has made close friends with China recently and they are looking to do a similar thing with Taiwan.

Edited by Walker570
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Johnson and London mayor are a bigger threat to us

If Putin was coming over he wouldn't have waited for  the Nato build up, he would have been over at Christmas

If it comes to a punch up, put Johnson in the ring with Putin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ratlegs said:

Johnson and London mayor are a bigger threat to us

If Putin was coming over he wouldn't have waited for  the Nato build up, he would have been over at Christmas

If it comes to a punch up, put Johnson in the ring with Putin

Hello, Liz Truss as referee 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

What part of ‘You can’t just go around invading Countries’ in this day and age, because you feel like it or don’t like what they may or may not, be doing!

I know right , they should just let us have the oil/gas/uranium/gold/lithium ect, then we wouldnt have to go in there with force , under some pathetic pretext, and take it... whilst providing them with capitalism and democracy... whether they want it or not :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I know right , they should just let us have the oil/gas/uranium/gold/lithium ect, then we wouldnt have to go in there with force , under some pathetic pretext, and take it... whilst providing them with capitalism and democracy... whether they want it or not 

Exactly, how can it be right as if I go and Half inch a pair of Nikes then I get  into a wee bit of trouble.

But it’s ok to go for a few trillions worth of oil and top a few people along the way!

Btw, do you like my new trainers 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Scully said:

And that’s the thing isn’t it! If disputes were sorted out between the leaders of the relevant countries, we’d never go to war. 👍

We'd have significantly tougher/younger fitter stronger leaders, but it's not going to happen. 

Boris said on the radio today that Russia needs to step back or face severe sanctions??

How can anyone impose sanctions on a country that supplies gas to probably half of Europe and has enough military muscle to back up its threats?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Mice! said:

We'd have significantly tougher/younger fitter stronger leaders, but it's not going to happen. 

Boris said on the radio today that Russia needs to step back or face severe sanctions??

How can anyone impose sanctions on a country that supplies gas to probably half of Europe and has enough military muscle to back up its threats?

The West has to buy it but Russia has to sell it. The power base of the country keeps its money abroad, just in case. The threat is to close off those relocation options which in turn directly threaten Putin.

That said it's so much easier to run from a fight even though you know sooner or later it's coming. If we cared enough we could put troops in but we don't want to share the pain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

The threat is to close off those relocation options which in turn directly threaten Putin

It would be a bit late threatening that when most of them are already in London,  Paris, ......

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

If we cared enough we could put troops in but we don't want to share the pain. 

Given how depleted our armed services are I'm not surprised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I've just filled up both our cars in anticipation of significantly higher fuel prices if it kicks off.

Wise choice, but unfortunately the Russians are going back to their bases, creepy Joe's threats to fondle their children have worked it seems. 😃

Or our media has told us a bunch of lies, and they were Hever going to invade at all..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Putin is a thug who cares not a jot for the opinions in Europe or anywhere else for that matter.

One thing (amongst others) to come out of this is that Ukraine will not be left to fend for itself in the event of an invasion whether they join NATO or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

NOT heading home!

Another one on the way up!

Probably a little celebratory muscle-flexing, as is the inimitable style of our good old friends from across the pond!

Send one over here, I haven't seen a B-52 in the air for quite some years, they are a magnificent sight to behold 🤩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's just say hypothetically that it did all kick off... what exact role are the BUFFs going to fulfil?

Carpet bombing with high explosives and incendiaries isn't exactly a thing in modern warfare any more, and I doubt they'd go straight in with the nukes?!!

I'd guess these planes are simply being visibly flaunted as a deterrent.

Unless they're loaded up with pallets full of leaflets for a propaganda drop?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Putin is a thug who cares not a jot for the opinions in Europe or anywhere else for that matter.

One thing (amongst others) to come out of this is that Ukraine will not be left to fend for itself in the event of an invasion whether they join NATO or not.

I wouldnt speak too soon , the Duma (Russian parliament) has voted to 'recognise' the devolved republican states comprising the rebel controlled Donbass region today.
Putin has to give it his blessing yet, but if this goes ahead, another slice of Ukraine goes to Russia.

Was a deal done with the west , over the heads of the Ukrainian government, or is Putin just going to put a seal of approval on another disputed territory ?
Although I dont believe Vlad ever had any intention of invading Ukraine proper, and he probably knew he couldnt stop Ukraine from joining NATO, he has played quite a clever game of bluff here.

Yes hes a thug, but hes not a stupid one, he got everyone to reveal their hands, whilst sitting on his.
Its been a long time since a western leader had such tactical qualities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...