No wind

Missit

Hi all

I have an opportunity to decoy on a good size OSR field. I looked yesterday and there was a steady stream of twos and threes landing in a particular area. 

Everything looks good to have a bash but there is next to no wind for the next week forecast.  Should I give it a go or hold off until the wind picks up .

Many thanks

49 minutes ago, Missit said:

Hi all

I have an opportunity to decoy on a good size OSR field. I looked yesterday and there was a steady stream of twos and threes landing in a particular area. 

Everything looks good to have a bash but there is next to no wind for the next week forecast.  Should I give it a go or hold off until the wind picks up .

Many thanks

It's dificult, if they are locating each day to one area and returning there the next, I would go ahead and shoot it, but if they are all over the field, no wind often means no success as they can feed randomly quite comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm 

I definitely posted it somewhere. I'll copy and oaste it again and put it in here instead.

Hmm 

I definitely posted it somewhere. I'll copy and oaste it again and put it in here instead.

Further to the posts a week ago. I went out on a very bright calm day to a field of Rape. Had a really good 90mins before my rotary battery failed.  However,  ended up with 19 birds and a fun couple of hours. Thanks for the advice people and a quick video for those interested. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gph2gvwbnor3sr/Pigeons on OSR Jan 22.mp4?dl=0

Hmm 

Further to the posts a week ago. I went out on a very bright calm day to a field of Rape. Had a really good 90mins before my rotary battery failed.  However,  ended up with 19 birds and a fun couple of hours. Thanks for the advice people and a quick video for those interested. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gph2gvwbnor3sr/Pigeons on OSR Jan 22.mp4?dl=0

Did it come through? If not it may be because of the Dropbox link in the message.