Mystery Barrel

Dick

35 minutes ago, London Best said:

Cadet Major.

is a very well made air rifle....it is heavy for its size but has a smooth cocking action and no rattles......has a leather seal washer and i rekon they run at 7ft/lbs......i rekon if you change the piston and use a neoprene parachute seal you would push it up to 11 ft/lbs...........that would be a good experiment

really solid well made gun

7 minutes ago, London Best said:

Had three over the years. Still have a nice one

...i rekon if you change the piston and use a neoprene parachute seal you would push it up to 11 ft/lbs...........

Why oh why?

i understand your concirn.........im of the view that i dont like to turbo-charge these weapon...but use a better quality of spring...no stronger and make the sealing system more efficient and use dry lubricants.........none of these were available when this gun was made........i think it would fire smoother and more consistantly.........without hurting it...and the build quality and weight of this little gun would allow that..........

have you ever had a cadet major in your hands ?....tell me im wrong

1 hour ago, London Best said:

As I said above, had three over the years and still do.

As well as 2 Cadets, 2 Airsporters (Mk 1/2), Mk1 Meteor, Mk2 Merlin, Breakdown Pattern, and, er, 11 pre-war under levers, all different.

OK, I admit it, I collect old Beezers.

are you taking pills for this collection?

On 13/01/2022 at 17:06, London Best said:

As I said above, had three over the years and still do.

As well as 2 Cadets, 2 Airsporters (Mk 1/2), Mk1 Meteor, Mk2 Merlin, Breakdown Pattern, and, er, 11 pre-war under levers, all different.

OK, I admit it, I collect old Beezers.

Out of interest, which .22 pellets do you find work best in your old bsa’s? I’m nearly out of the old eley wasps and most of the current pellets are either loose fitting or just poor quality. I’ve read about h&n ftt’s in 5.54mm but haven’t come across any yet. I also read that Remington tyrant shock are very tight in Weihrauch barrels so they might be worth a try in the old brits?

21 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

Out of interest, which .22 pellets do you find work best in your old bsa’s? I’m nearly out of the old eley wasps and most of the current pellets are either loose fitting or just poor quality. I’ve read about h&n ftt’s in 5.54mm but haven’t come across any yet. I also read that Remington tyrant shock are very tight in Weihrauch barrels so they might be worth a try in the old brits?

Have you tried the Webley Mosquitos ?  Look and feel like old fashioned 22s to me and do the job in my AA S200.