Benelli supernova vs mossberg 500

Realale

All depends on what you want it for. I have both. If you’re looking for something to shoot PSG or something that would need you to load quickly or need magnum carts the Supernova is the shotgun.  
I was thinking of selling my 500 to free up funds for a .22 rifle build. Also got my shooting buddies Supernova listed on the private sales page. If you’re decided on a Supernova that is worth a look. Feel free to pitch an offer if you fancy it. 

I hated my mossberg 500. Felt like a gun that would last but by god it was crude. And so noisy, the rattles from the foreend, might as well be banging pans together while your walking about. 

I've got a sxp now. 100% a better handling gun, and I score better with it than anything else I've owned, but I'll guarantee the mossberg 500 will still be going when the Sxp is long dead and in parts. 

Benelli is on my list and a remi at some point. 

Edited by strimmer_13

5 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I hated my mossberg 500. Felt like a gun that would last but by god it was crude. And so noisy, the rattles from the foreend, might as well be banging pans together while your walking about. 

I've got a sxp now. 100% a better handling gun, and I score better with it than anything else I've owned, but I'll guarantee the mossberg 500 will still be going when the Sxp is long dead and in parts. 

Benelli is on my list and a remi at some point. 

Then you had a snider sadly

had a few from the 500 series and honestly cant fault them.  got a 535 for wildfowling and i think it will see many more seasons before i look at changing. the rattle in the forend somone mentioned is a thing. they all rattle and some more than others but apparently theyre made intentionally with a loose tolerance to help function when full of mud, grit and all the other good stuff guns of this nature get to see.

I did love my mossberg 500 i had a section 2 one with a 24inch barrel but the matching length crimped mag tube.I polished mine up and had the barrel chromed it really did look great I couldn’t hit dam a thing with it though 🤣.After having both the benelli and the mossberg I agree  the mossberg will last longer.However if your looking for a pump I would go for an old 870 wingmaster not the never ones though i absolutely love mine and shoot extremely well with it.

2 hours ago, Green hornet said:

I did love my mossberg 500 i had a section 2 one with a 24inch barrel but the matching length crimped mag tube.I polished mine up and had the barrel chromed it really did look great I couldn’t hit dam a thing with it though 🤣.After having both the benelli and the mossberg I agree  the mossberg will last longer.However if your looking for a pump I would go for an old 870 wingmaster not the never ones though i absolutely love mine and shoot extremely well with it.

The parkerised 870 in synthetic is a seriously good bit of kit. Totally practical and just about indestructible. 

depends do you plan on extending the mag or not.. afaik the only diffrence is that the 500 has the locking nut built into barrel and it screws into the mag tube, on the 590 it slides over and is secured with a nut so you can if you want exted the mag if its registered section 1

Edited by Sweet11-87