Air rifle

speaky

1 minute ago, speaky said:

Can't do shotguns I have neighbours 

If you mean from a noise perspective 9mm isn’t much louder than an unsuppressed PCP air rifle 

If you meant from a shot leaving your land perspective obviously you have to consider your own risks and making your own decision 

Obviously a decent well zeroed air rifle will give you a bit more distance if your rats are static but the 9mm is great at short range moving rats

I only suggested them as I’ve used both on rats  in my garden and my next door neighbours didn’t even hear anything 

D

But the main point was you can probably borrow on rather than buy/swap

30 minutes ago, Downforce said:

If you mean from a noise perspective 9mm isn’t much louder than an unsuppressed PCP air rifle 

If you meant from a shot leaving your land perspective obviously you have to consider your own risks and making your own decision 

Obviously a decent well zeroed air rifle will give you a bit more distance if your rats are static but the 9mm is great at short range moving rats

I only suggested them as I’ve used both on rats  in my garden and my next door neighbours didn’t even hear anything 

D

But the main point was you can probably borrow on rather than buy/swap

Thank you I have never seen or fired a 9mm will look into it

Also some of the 9mm cartridges use very small shot (like #10) and that can be a bit challenging - someone on here mentioned they tipped out the tiny shot and replaced it with #3 or #4 and it was exceptional at rats and gave a bit more range than the typical #10 or #6 shot found in some 9mm cartridges

Thats not my suggestion by the way thats just a comment for those that may suggest 9mm is useless (it is useless at 25m with #10 shot but its known as the garden gun for a reason!)