Air Arms S510

sam triple

The HW silencer is the best. The Air Arms ones aren't bad, but I had one on an S510 and swapped it for the HW and it was quieter. Fine margins, but definitely quieter. A slightly different pitch, too. The sound's a bit sharper and higher than the HW one. I'm not sure there's much science behind this, but I feel it's a more attention drawing sound, less of a dull unassuming thud that you get with the HW

Hello, hope all's well Sam, had quite a few over the years, including a nutshot, look at Hogan, SAK, Marksman, the new HW is pretty good but expensive same as the AA , there a few good silencer makers on the AGF, as it happens I have a SAK on my FX and compares with the HW, for the money I would get a Hogan , there's a chap from Newbury makes very good silencers, the MWSS , he has a new model out now and did a compare test and better than HW, 

I've tried a few main brands, Air arms, sak, the older sak, Edgar bros, theoben, etc and the older hw is easily the best main stream I've used now. 

Not tried the newer ones. Yet. 

Another option is get down a club. You'll probably see dozens of different brands and might get to try a few 

Edited by strimmer_13

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, hope all's well Sam, had quite a few over the years, including a nutshot, look at Hogan, SAK, Marksman, the new HW is pretty good but expensive same as the AA , there a few good silencer makers on the AGF, as it happens I have a SAK on my FX and compares with the HW, for the money I would get a Hogan , there's a chap from Newbury makes very good silencers, the MWSS , he has a new model out now and did a compare test and better than HW, 

Hi Gordon, can’t find out much about MWSS 

12 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Hi Gordon, can’t find out much about MWSS 

Hello, did you try Google etc , Matt only sells via the AGF I think, I've just sent him mail so you can email him, will let you know ASAP, I got one of Matt's silencers when he started out and it's still working well, now on a SMK PR 900, it's very well made , I think getting the right silencer is a common theme with air rifle users, cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, did you try Google etc , Matt only sells via the AGF I think, I've just sent him mail so you can email him, will let you know ASAP, I got one of Matt's silencers when he started out and it's still working well, now on a SMK PR 900, it's very well made , I think getting the right silencer is a common theme with air rifle users, cheers

Hi , thanks Gordon tried Google etc but with no luck 

7 hours ago, sam triple said:

Got rid of my HW110 became to problematic decided on thE S510 , over a BSA because I didn’t like the bolt action on the R10 so what’s the best mod I can make to the 510 

By mod to the 510, do you mean which moderator?

Have you tried having someone else shoot the gun while you SAFELY stand down range and listen, often you are hearing the action which is different to the noise from the barrel. 

I did this with my R10,  I had the standard BSA silencer and I'd bought a second hand Hogun Decimeter, there wasn't much in it really but I went with the Hogun.

But it can't quieten the impact sound a JSB Heavy makes hitting a squirrel. 

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

By mod to the 510, do you mean which moderator?

Have you tried having someone else shoot the gun while you SAFELY stand down range and listen, often you are hearing the action which is different to the noise from the barrel. 

I did this with my R10,  I had the standard BSA silencer and I'd bought a second hand Hogun Decimeter, there wasn't much in it really but I went with the Hogun.

But it can't quieten the impact sound a JSB Heavy makes hitting a squirrel. 

Good point those hades cracking skulls sure make a crack