Health app.

Scully

Anyone know how accurate regarding ‘steps’ the health app is, which is already installed in each iPhone? 
According to mine, I did 15,871 steps whilst beating yesterday, which is pretty consistent with other days, and OH can do over 10k waiting on, and her mother told her one of the nurses attending her in hospital did over 14k in a shift. 

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

Anyone know how accurate regarding ‘steps’ the health app is, which is already installed in each iPhone? 
According to mine, I did 15,871 steps whilst beating yesterday, which is pretty consistent with other days, and OH can do over 10k waiting on, and her mother told her one of the nurses attending her in hospital did over 14k in a shift. 

In this interests of research, I’ve just conducted a highly sophisticated experiment.

Having just done 6 steps on the treadmill, I can confirm the iPhone pedometer is accurate to within 1 step.

9 hours ago, Scully said:

Hi Scully

My daughter is a staff nurse and she regularly clocks up 13k + steps daily on her 12 hour shift on a very busy ward. Her steps get recorded on her apple watch fob which links to her iphone. She is just on a 5 day consecutive stretch and does some miles. 

Just asked mrs7days who is 'steps crazy' and she has done 3800 today just at home which is 1.7 miles on her apple watch linked to her iphone. We use the same iphone app linked to her apple watch for distance swimming and it is certainly very accurate in our experience. Last big swim we done was a couple of years ago, Coniston end to end which is 5.25 miles and her watch recorded it just a little over this near the 5.5 mile mark. No matter how hard you try, you cannot swim in an exact straight line doing constant crawl. She used to use it in the pool and it recorded strokes and distance very accurately. No pool swimming at present because of the covid.

I can see you easily clocking up them numbers on a full days beating.

atb

7diaw

5 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Hi Scully

My daughter is a staff nurse and she regularly clocks up 13k + steps daily on her 12 hour shift on a very busy ward. Her steps get recorded on her apple watch fob which links to her iphone. She is just on a 5 day consecutive stretch and does some miles. 

Just asked mrs7days who is 'steps crazy' and she has done 3800 today just at home which is 1.7 miles on her apple watch linked to her iphone. We use the same iphone app linked to her apple watch for distance swimming and it is certainly very accurate in our experience. Last big swim we done was a couple of years ago, Coniston end to end which is 5.25 miles and her watch recorded it just a little over this near the 5.5 mile mark. No matter how hard you try, you cannot swim in an exact straight line doing constant crawl. She used to use it in the pool and it recorded strokes and distance very accurately. No pool swimming at present because of the covid.

I can see you easily clocking up them numbers on a full days beating.

atb

7diaw

Thanks 7diaw. Good to know. 👍