An aborted mission.

JDog

Mightymariner asked me to shoot today. He was looking to meet at 07.30 hrs. I am sorry but my body clock does not have such a low number on it in the mornings so I declined.

Several texts have been received from one particular farmer about pigeons on his rape so having arisen at 10.00 I made my way there, a four minute drive. There were a lot of pigeons in the trees nearby so I thought that I would have a decent day.

The walk up the hill with my kit almost killed me and I began to wheeze like a miner with a double dose of emphysema and psittacosis. For the first time ever I dropped some stuff off and had to go back for it. After thirty minutes I had shot seventeen pigeons but I had to pack up as I was in considerable discomfort having had an acute abscess on a tooth root in the week and the molar removed on my gun mounting side. 

21 minutes ago, JDog said:

Mightymariner asked me to shoot today. He was looking to meet at 07.30 hrs. I am sorry but my body clock does not have such a low number on it in the mornings so I declined.

Several texts have been received from one particular farmer about pigeons on his rape so having arisen at 10.00 I made my way there, a four minute drive. There were a lot of pigeons in the trees nearby so I thought that I would have a decent day.

The walk up the hill with my kit almost killed me and I began to wheeze like a miner with a double dose of emphysema and psittacosis. For the first time ever I dropped some stuff off and had to go back for it. After thirty minutes I had shot seventeen pigeons but I had to pack up as I was in considerable discomfort having had an acute abscess on a tooth root in the week and the molar removed on my gun mounting side. 

Well done for going out and suffering the pain, you did well and thanks for reporting.

Just do enough to enjoy it Mr JDog , no need to treat it as an endurance test and staying to get that extra pigeon while feeling below par is just not worth it and could prove costly in the long run .

Sadly you get to a stage in life where the peak years of health are well and truly behind you , I find it remarkable how P C after a long(ish) day out in the cold conditions can still lay his bag out in a neat and tidy order just to take a photo , if I , and no doubt you could stay that long all I would want to do is get back home a thaw out , mind you , I was out for over nine hours Saturday on a shoot and didn't feel to bad , so maybe our time up is still some off .

Nice bag in the time frame and hope you are on the mend :good: