Which doctor to sign

mgsontour

Hi all

I know most of us have had input/questions on the new medical forms but I have a question that I can find the answer for:

Can any doctor sign a SGC or do he/she need access to my records?

Example I have a relative who is a doctor but at the other end of the country, can he sign my form?

Apologies if it's already been answered but I can't find it

Cheers

I had visions of a frizzy haired hal naked guy with a bone through his nose reading the heading ...yes know it's spelt differently.

I would assume it needs to be a Doctor in the practise where you are registered. Your relative might be able to get your records but so can you. Just ask.

I did not fill in any forms, just listed my Surgery address, job done.

38 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I had visions of a frizzy haired hal naked guy with a bone through his nose reading the heading ...yes know it's spelt differently.

I would assume it needs to be a Doctor in the practise where you are registered. Your relative might be able to get your records but so can you. Just ask.

I did not fill in any forms, just listed my Surgery address, job done.

Went to New Orleans a few times, but think it was the drinks that were more scary

57 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

Hi all

I know most of us have had input/questions on the new medical forms but I have a question that I can find the answer for:

Can any doctor sign a SGC or do he/she need access to my records?

Example I have a relative who is a doctor but at the other end of the country, can he sign my form?

Apologies if it's already been answered but I can't find it

Cheers

Give it a try, let us know how your licensing authority take it?

You cannot use family to countersign your application or renewal though!

I have just gone through this process for my renewal. My GP Surgery refused to sign ANYTHING as they are, and I quote " Conscientious Objectors " (unquote). I therefore demanded a copy of my medical records, to which I am entitled, free of charge. I was asked to fill in a standard request form, which I duly did. They were not impressed when I was asked for photographic I.D.................I gave them my Shotgun Certificate  !   Mind you, it then took them SEVEN weeks to supply me with a copy of my records, following my pestering them on a daily basis. (they are obliged to supply my medical records within 20 working days following my request). I then attached copies of the THREE A4 sized sheets to an Email and sent them to my local F.E.O. I have since had a visit from a very nice young lady F.E.O. and my new Shotgun Certificate is 'in transit'.   

3 hours ago, wyn said:

They do need your medical records.

If it's a grant  they need them all if it's a renewal i think it's the last 10 years worth in England but the whole lot in Wales

Went back 14yrs for me and a comment I knew nothing about and cannot remember going the GP’s for the issue

11 hours ago, Diver One said:

@Westley you're with HQ at Hutton aren't you?

did they get in touch with you for renewal? Or did you contact them? I only ask as mine is due for renewal in may and I don't know what sort of delays there are at present  . This will be my first renewal

I'm with Hutton also, I have spoke to them and my renewal application was already en-route but not here but like https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/profile/67120-westley/ above I know GP's can be obstructive but non of my mates who are at my surgery have had to renew yet so being the 1st to renew I'm like the crash test dummy!

I have patient online access like many others so I can book appointments, rescripts etc and I can see my medical history on there, I assume it won't be as simple as taking a screen shot and pressing print, or has anyone attained their medical records this way or is it a more in depth summary Hutton want?

Cheers and good luck to all as it's a minefield we are walking through as the bottom line is the public don't want our sport to continue

PS. Diver one; mine is due in June so you should be definitely higher up in the process but could call them and ask 

14 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Give it a try, let us know how your licensing authority take it?

You cannot use family to countersign your application or renewal though!

I'll keep you posted of what happens but looks like Diverone may be in the frame 1st

Edited by mgsontour

14 hours ago, Westley said:

I have just gone through this process for my renewal. My GP Surgery refused to sign ANYTHING as they are, and I quote " Conscientious Objectors " (unquote). I therefore demanded a copy of my medical records, to which I am entitled, free of charge. I was asked to fill in a standard request form, which I duly did. They were not impressed when I was asked for photographic I.D.................I gave them my Shotgun Certificate  !   Mind you, it then took them SEVEN weeks to supply me with a copy of my records, following my pestering them on a daily basis. (they are obliged to supply my medical records within 20 working days following my request). I then attached copies of the THREE A4 sized sheets to an Email and sent them to my local F.E.O. I have since had a visit from a very nice young lady F.E.O. and my new Shotgun Certificate is 'in transit'.   

I thought all applications needed a proforma filled out and signed by their GP?

@mgsontourjust talked to a very helpful lady at Hutton

letters are sent out 16 weeks before renewal date. They are currently starting on May , and is mine is mid may, I should be getting it shortly. If there is no response they send another at 4 weeks before BUT advise you to move the guns just in case

ill keep you informed

3 hours ago, Diver One said:

letters are sent out 16 weeks before renewal date. They are currently starting on May , and is mine is mid may, I should be getting it shortly. If there is no response they send another at 4 weeks before BUT advise you to move the guns just in case

ill keep you informed

Why would they advise you to move your guns just in case ? I take it they mean store them at a rfd why they can give you an extension like i and many others have to retain them 

5 hours ago, Diver One said:

ill keep you informed

If you return your forms in good time and the delay of renewal is down to them, then they have no option but to send you a S7. Cumbria didn’t want to issue me with one, but I insisted they did. 
They have no right to insist you store them at a RFD if the fault is theirs. 

16 hours ago, Scully said:

If you return your forms in good time and the delay of renewal is down to them, then they have no option but to send you a S7. Cumbria didn’t want to issue me with one, but I insisted they did. 
They have no right to insist you store them at a RFD if the fault is theirs. 

That's a gold nugget priced little bit of info; cheers ( that is not admission that I owe you a gold nugget by the way lol )

14 hours ago, Diver One said:

The lady I talked to did mention Medcert if I had any issues with my Doctors...which is reassuring

They offer the solution. 

Possible reason for reluctance S7 is that it shows up on their performance stats?Ask for on in an email as a record of your actions?

Edited by old man

Also Posted on another thread,

my renewal letter arrived this morning. Filled in the relevant medical bits, took it to my doctors. "No problem " they said! "We don't charge we just forward your medical history to the licensing unit"!! HOWEVER I had read the accompanying letter and explained to the receptionist lady that they would no longer accept this. She then made another call to her practice manager. Result? "Sorry we don't do,them any more you need to see the Doctor privately" !!

so 30 minutes later and £60 lighter Medcert are doing it for me 😂😂

my renewal is due mid may

On 16/01/2022 at 20:55, Diver One said:

@Westley you're with HQ at Hutton aren't you?

did they get in touch with you for renewal? Or did you contact them? I only ask as mine is due for renewal in may and I don't know what sort of delays there are at present  . This will be my first renewal

No, the force next door. They contacted me for renewal last September. I had so many problems getting my medical records, it took 7 weeks, but that was SOLELY due to the Practice Managers attitude problem, towards shooters. After all, if you pay and use an outside agency they only obtain your records from your GP Surgery. Then, someone who has no knowledge of you whatsoever, fills in the questionnaire, attaches your records and sends it to your F.E.O.  I did just that, apart from the questionnaire. 

1 hour ago, Westley said:

Then, someone who has no knowledge of you whatsoever, fills in the questionnaire,

I know, it's daft isn't it. I have been with the practice for decades. All the old doctors retired, I actually have NO idea who MY Doctor is. The letter states that all they want is to know is I have any conditions on their list Or anything other that may prevent me. It does say that they do NOT want the doctor to make the decision. So, the wait begins

if my invoice number from Medcert is anything to go by then they have done this for about 6500 so far, and I feels,happier that the licensing unit mentioned them 

1 minute ago, Diver One said:

I know, it's daft isn't it. I have been with the practice for decades. All the old doctors retired, I actually have NO idea who MY Doctor is. The letter states that all they want is to know is I have any conditions on their list Or anything other that may prevent me. It does say that they do NOT want the doctor to make the decision. So, the wait begins

if my invoice number from Medcert is anything to go by then they have done this for about 6500 so far, and I feels,happier that the licensing unit mentioned them 

Maybe the first question on the questionnaire should be  "How do you find a Doctor "  ???   🤔