Wifi camera with out internet

captainhastings

4 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

What's your intended application?

Do you want a trail cam that has a SIM card in it, or do you want a security camera?

Also, PoE without using the E? Some security cameras will do that, and upload data over Wifi - not recommended however.

Yard security saving to sd card and being able to connect to it with mobile and view recordings . As for the POE as you know just lenght of cat 5 to a plugin injector. Just easier to supply power

Edited by captainhastings

Not sure what your trying to do but ive got cpl reolink sim cameras battery operated with solar panel charging and also a tapo running on  a dlink sim router ....

These are on vacant building sites 1 without mains power 1 with....

They both allow live view on fone and email alerts.....

3 minutes ago, millrace said:

Not sure what your trying to do but ive got cpl reolink sim cameras battery operated with solar panel charging and also a tapo running on  a dlink sim router ....

These are on vacant building sites 1 without mains power 1 with....

They both allow live view on fone and email alerts.....

Cheers my daughter won't have internet on site but just wants a camera so when she is there can can connect her phone too it and view footage 

I wouldn't worry about POE, you could just use a balun on either end if some cat5/6 or even 2 core for power. If you're running a cable you could always get a wired IP camera and run it back to a wireless router. I'm a fan of Hikvision cameras, the quality and support are both excellent.

Swann do some standalone cameras with SD card and direct wi-fi, but the one's I've seen don't have the best picture quality, even for the supposed specs. Reolink get great reviews too. The Argus 3 looks great, but requires local wi-fi.

You don't need internet, but often do need a wi-fi network, so watch out for that.

Most will continue recording, so with a bit of fore thought you could probably use her phone as a hotspot and configure the cameras to that, so when she's there, with her hotspot on, she can access them via the relevant app.