Dodgy Scam for eBay users

discobob

Currently selling a high value item, and I receive a message saying that somebody has problems trying to buy and it is saying to inform the seller to pass the link on - at first glance the link looks to be valid (especially on a mobile device)

and it is going to https://ebay.co.uk-sellerhub-help

This actually resolves to a device on Amazon AWS and will be a way of them harvesting your username/password to give them carte blanche on your account and will lock you out of it.

I will post up what came next from them (from my phone)

eBay have been informed

Mods - could you please move to Off Topic Please

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Currently selling a high value item, and I receive a message saying that somebody has problems trying to buy and it is saying to inform the seller to pass the link on - at first glance the link looks to be valid (especially on a mobile device)

and it is going to https://ebay.co.uk-sellerhub-help

This actually resolves to a device on Amazon AWS and will be a way of them harvesting your username/password to give them carte blanche on your account and will lock you out of it.

I will post up what came next from them (from my phone)

eBay have been informed

Mods - could you please move to Off Topic Please

Well done "White boy" for outsmarting them 👏 👍 👌 

I wouldn't have had a clue 👍

14 hours ago, Lord v said:

I’m more impressed you have a 3080ti to sell!

Took a lot of hard work to get hold of one - a bit OTT for what it was bought for, but before the lad got it for Christmas he announced he was packing in his eSports - he did online racing - hence it isn't required anymore

A real shame as he was DHL Fastest Lap at Silverstone in 2019 and a number of other things - he has the natural skill but not the dedication - and as he hasn't done the effort and has now found himself floundering without a team and/or sponsorship and the next level up costs money 😞

14 hours ago, London Best said:

I don’t have a clue what any of you are talking about!

Obviously you are not aware of the secret handshake then 😉

9 hours ago, discobob said:

Took a lot of hard work to get hold of one - a bit OTT for what it was bought for, but before the lad got it for Christmas he announced he was packing in his eSports - he did online racing - hence it isn't required anymore

A real shame as he was DHL Fastest Lap at Silverstone in 2019 and a number of other things - he has the natural skill but not the dedication - and as he hasn't done the effort and has now found himself floundering without a team and/or sponsorship and the next level up costs money 😞

Obviously you are not aware of the secret handshake then 😉

Ah that’s a shame, I managed to nab a 3070 about a month after they came out but it was a few days hitting F5 on about 5 retailers before I managed to snag one. I could sell it now for about £200 more than I paid! Market is nuts at the moment. 

12 hours ago, Lord v said:

Ah that’s a shame, I managed to nab a 3070 about a month after they came out but it was a few days hitting F5 on about 5 retailers before I managed to snag one. I could sell it now for about £200 more than I paid! Market is nuts at the moment. 

Funny you should say that about the £200 😉 it is being collected tomorrow evening

It looks like the next thing to sell is his sim racing rig - I went to Jersey about 3 months ago and picked up new (2nd hand) gear for him - the lad's a fool 😞