20 gauge duck loads?

wildfowler.250

Can anyone recommend a 20 gauge factory steel load for ducks? It’s really more to have as an option in case I take it out rather than for consistent use. I like the mammoth 36g #3’s in the 12 but Gamebore only seem to load a #5 in the 20? Is there any decent factory stuff out there in a #3 or #4?

We can leave the tss stuff for another day!

Cheers!

19 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

I've used Fiocchi and Saga both 70mm steel shot which killed duck well shot a few Geese with them to. Remington did/do . Haven't been in a gun shop for years or bought factory cartridges so can't help further just to add Fiocchi i used was 4's but more likely 3's

Thanks! That’s still helpful as it gives me something to look into. Know a few folk who are big fiocchi fans. It’s a toss up between pellet count in the 4’s and the better hit with the 3’s anyway but a #5 like the Gamebore offering doesn’t really fill me with confidence. I’ll see what I can find. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, 6.5x55SE said:

I've used Fiocchi and Saga both 70mm steel shot which killed duck well shot a few Geese with them to. Remington did/do . Haven't been in a gun shop for years or bought factory cartridges so can't help further just to add Fiocchi i used was 4's but more likely 3's

Where did you find Fiocchi/Saga steel loads - nothing near me but Express and Eley.

1 hour ago, grahamch said:

Where did you find Fiocchi/Saga steel loads - nothing near me but Express and Eley.

Had a look online but I think the fiocchi at least are 3” which is a bit of a pest. Haven’t heard of Saga?

23 minutes ago, JDog said:

I just don't get shooting a 36g load through a 20 bore.

Fairly sure that load can’t exist? 😂 Biggest I use in the 20 is 28 grams

17 minutes ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Had a look online but I think the fiocchi at least are 3” which is a bit of a pest. Haven’t heard of Saga?

Fairly sure that load can’t exist? 😂 Biggest I use in the 20 is 28 grams

I am sorry I misread your original post.

28 minutes ago, JDog said:

I am sorry I misread your original post.

Just tongue in cheek, the first post is a lot of ramblings 😂

26 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

I was very happy with Eley eco 24 g 4s on pheasant so can’t see why they wouldn’t be suitable on reasonable range duck.

Thanks! Certainly that’s what it’s looking like with a bit of googling. Decent pellet size and the eco wad is appealing as well! Glad to hear they work well!

2 hours ago, wildfowler.250 said:

That looks promising. Appreciate the help! The 3” loads for the 20 seem to crop up more readily on google. Will have a shop around. Think finding stockists will be the hard part

No problems mate. To be honest I've only ever seen the 70 mm ones. Good luck