Rope Bangers.

richg

Due to the cost of these I’ve been trying to source the old “ penny bangers “  “:Black Cat “ have been banned in UK but still available in Europe and with the help of Ditchman create a rope fuse.

I have thought of decanting individual fireworks from multi shot , ie 100 shot large fireworks. The other option perhaps is cut down cartridge cases and a pinch of powder.

I think Portek have seen an increase in sales due to pigeon damage and want to cash in

Any other members have any ideas??

22 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Due to the cost of these I’ve been trying to source the old “ penny bangers “  “:Black Cat “ have been banned in UK but still available in Europe and with the help of Ditchman create a rope fuse.

I have thought of decanting individual fireworks from multi shot , ie 100 shot large fireworks. The other option perhaps is cut down cartridge cases and a pinch of powder.

I think Portek have seen an increase in sales due to pigeon damage and want to cash in

Black cat's were amazing

19 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

If we could find the fuse string they use it would be simple to load cut down cases with the fuse sticking out the crimp threaded in the rope. 

Worth a try. 

I have some rope bangers for moving birds when shooting but if your driving into a field (no gun) and want to just push birds up to see what's about I use these.

quite loud. and very cheap

Edited by SPARKIE

7 minutes ago, SPARKIE said:

I have some rope bangers for moving birds when shooting but if your driving into a field (no gun) and want to just push birds up to see what's about I use these.

quite loud. and very cheap

Have you got a link to the site you get them from all I am finding is the small white floor snaps. Cheers

Portek have had no supplies of these for over a year and can give little indication of when any more might be available. If you can find some then buy them as there are no more coming for the foreseeable future. I spoke to one nationwide supplier with 200 customers waiting for these. Supply and demand affects the price. I have some now.

Hi Richg no supply of the bangers, l believe none coming from China. Bangers were used in woods at night to move rooks and to stop them nesting. You could try advertising in the farming media, you should sell them easier. I use gas guns to move pigeons about and pyrotechnics to move them away. Two of my gas guns are over 30 years old and still working. I would enquire about posting explosives, l don’t think the post office allows explosives. You could try to sell them to a local farmer growing rape , and ask him if you can shoot the pigeons.

On 19/01/2022 at 10:09, Stephen-H said:

Have you got a link to the site you get them from all I am finding is the small white floor snaps. Cheers

sorry only just seen this. ive managed to but mine from fb market place and also bought them from the sea side shops. im unsure if they have been stopped selling them as looking about supply seems to have dried up.

On 20/01/2022 at 22:01, Dougy said:

Ive got a box in the cave, i might hold on to them a bit longer at this rate cash in when i retire. 

With that and your stash of varget your about to be a very rich man.