ATV Accident

wymberley

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jonty said:

I attended this awful incident yesterday, and I'm afraid to say that they were all members of a shoot.  Very sad news for our shooting fraternity and my thoughts and best wishes go out to the people involved and their families and friends.

Jonty - not wishing to pry was that in an official capacity? 

I had a horrible feeling from the address that the address and description instantly had me thinking shooting party on shooting bus

I believe gun on pegs has the shoot listed who from the bio seem like a genuine lot.

deepest condolences for those missing loved ones after the tragic news yesterday !

Its only a hour away and visit forest of bowland regularly with family and mutt !

atb Agriv8

20 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Jonty - not wishing to pry was that in an official capacity? 

I had a horrible feeling from the address that the address and description instantly had me thinking shooting party on shooting bus

I believe gun on pegs has the shoot listed who from the bio seem like a genuine lot.

deepest condolences for those missing loved ones after the tragic news yesterday !

Its only a hour away and visit forest of bowland regularly with family and mutt !

atb Agriv8

Hi Agriv8, yes it was, as part of one of the local Mountain Rescue Teams.  Due to the location and difficult nature of the terrain we were there to assist with casualty extraction and a help get the various emergency services to and from the scene.

I don't know any of the members of the shoot, but as a fellow gun, it certainly brings it home that it is the last thing you'd ever expect to happen when you set out for a day's shooting. 

1 hour ago, Jonty said:

Hi Agriv8, yes it was, as part of one of the local Mountain Rescue Teams.  Due to the location and difficult nature of the terrain we were there to assist with casualty extraction and a help get the various emergency services to and from the scene.

I don't know any of the members of the shoot, but as a fellow gun, it certainly brings it home that it is the last thing you'd ever expect to happen when you set out for a day's shooting. 

In that case Jonty thank you for the valiant work you do also !

hoping the anti shooting lot do not descend on this. As it looks like a tragic accident !

Wishing those injured a swift and full recovery as well.

Agriv8

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Looks like a one man at a time sort of affair!

My thoughts too.

I did read some of the comments and of course there are some ‘anti’ type comments with, ‘Poor pheasants’ and red arrows to any RIP comments.

No matter what your views on someone’s interests, wishing them harm, death or being disrespectful to that persons family by not acknowledging their loss, really isn’t acceptable.

Oh my gawd!

I'm surprised several grown men felt comfortable enough to all be in one drawn trailer over that - unless the trailer was an enclosed unit in which case it seems they could have been taken onto it without their awareness.

I shudder to think of the obvious risk potential for a devastating incident there - and the question of if waivers were signed for private land transportation were they aware of the structure. 

5 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Oh my gawd!

I'm surprised several grown men felt comfortable enough to all be in one drawn trailer over that - unless the trailer was an enclosed unit in which case it seems they could have been taken onto it without their awareness.

I shudder to think of the obvious risk potential for a devastating incident there - and the question of if waivers were signed for private land transportation were they aware of the structure. 

I saw the bridge on the news this morning,  you can bet they've been over it dozens of times every season. 

A terrible accident. 

I haven’t commented on this as I’m not aware of the exact circumstances of the accident, but have just seen a photo’ of the man who was killed, on the BBC’s Look North regional news programme, and realised with great shock that I know him.
His name is Brian, and he lived less than five miles from me at Edenhall. He was a regular in the beaters trailer, along with his two gorgeous cockers, on the BIG shoot. 
I was just talking to him last Saturday, as I often would, as he was simply a very very nice gentle man, liked by all, who loved his dogs and the craic on the shoot. 
I’d like to say I was privileged to know him. He will be missed, and I’m saddened by the fact I won’t see him again, to share the craic and his ready laugh. 
A sad day.