Is Big Brother that clever?

Lampwick

Popped around mums for a cuppa this morning and she asked me to help her on her IPad. 

She has recently had a birthday and had received an e-card and didn’t know how to open it. 

So I showed her and watched it through to the end. 

Three hours later I receive and advert on my Facebook page from the actual company who created and sold the e-card for her??? 

Coincidence or skullduggery?  

20 minutes ago, NorfolkAYA said:

Watch the social dilemma film and then you will understand how.

Thanks I just watched the trailer and will watch the full version soon. 

I must say however I recognise my phone is monitored but absolutely vexed as to how watching my mums iPad influenced my Facebook?? 

The simple answer is that big brother is not only “watching” but also “listening” on any smart device that has a camera and a microphone. As tightchoke said the only time it is not is if the device is turned off. 

the other day I was talking to the wife about fixtures and fitting when we have our kitchen re-done, 20 mins later I was on Instagram and surprise surprise targeted adverts about kitchen appliances 🤷‍♂️ 

You even get targeted ads on Sky. Say you book a holiday every March with a certain holiday provider. A few weeks before you usually book it’s likely you will get targeted ads for your usual holiday. So say you were 20 and your holiday was a cheap **** up you’d get an advert for that type of holiday but your parents down the road that usually book a villa would get a different ad even if you were watching the same program at the same time.