Hushpower mod.

Scott..

41 minutes ago, Scott.. said:

The 9” detachable silencer for a .410, are they any good are they much quieter and do the add 9” to the length off the barrel or are they slid down the barrel a good bit. 
Thanks Scott. 

They work ok, the new ones have an adjustable collar I believe. I had one on a lightweight single .410 and it ruined the balance and handling of the gun with a tendency to shoot low. The full length hushpowers with ported barrels handle better and are quieter.

5 hours ago, Scott.. said:

The 9” detachable silencer for a .410, are they any good are they much quieter and do the add 9” to the length off the barrel or are they slid down the barrel a good bit. 
Thanks Scott. 

I have a .410 mod on the end of my single barreled  yildiz .as most of this type of gun are very light and wippy on the front end .the add on mod massively improves the handling of the gun .yes you can slide them down the barrel to shorten the overall length-  to the sacrifice of quietness. 

Put them on the very end and they can be very quiet .the type of cartridge you fire makes the biggest difference while at the muzzle .but go 200 yds away and they all tend to sound the same with the exception  of the very subsonic ones which can be extremely quiet /ineffective  at killing. 

I dont think the full modded guns (with barreled porting)are significantly quieter - cart for cart .but they do seem to shoot at lower velocities  which can hamper range a fair amount .

Basically  I highly recommend  the .410 add on mod and wouldn't dream of shooting a single barreled gun without one .

Why would you ? 

On 19/01/2022 at 20:01, Ultrastu said:

I have a .410 mod on the end of my single barreled  yildiz .as most of this type of gun are very light and wippy on the front end .the add on mod massively improves the handling of the gun .yes you can slide them down the barrel to shorten the overall length-  to the sacrifice of quietness. 

Put them on the very end and they can be very quiet .the type of cartridge you fire makes the biggest difference while at the muzzle .but go 200 yds away and they all tend to sound the same with the exception  of the very subsonic ones which can be extremely quiet /ineffective  at killing. 

I dont think the full modded guns (with barreled porting)are significantly quieter - cart for cart .but they do seem to shoot at lower velocities  which can hamper range a fair amount .

Basically  I highly recommend  the .410 add on mod and wouldn't dream of shooting a single barreled gun without one .

Why would you ? 

Well, everybody’s different. I got rid of my single barrel .410 as I found it terrible with the mod on and not much use to me without it.

On 19/01/2022 at 15:41, Weihrauch17 said:

I found the opposite, the SB 410 was quieter than the Mossy Hushpower 410 pump I had. 

The anschutz is a bolt action so more suited to an add on mod than a lightweight single folder. Regarding quietness, I was referring to the hushpower single barrel folding.410’s with the ported barrel and full length mod, which are really quiet with the right cartridges.

I have a New Haven (Mossberg really) .401 with one of these mods. Noticably quiter than without. A bit long but mine has a 28" barrel so won't fit in any guncase I can find. I tried it set as far down the barrel as possible to shorten it but the noise level went up a lot. It needs to be just behind the muzzle. It has got to a point where by I don't like using anything else which is a shame with 11 others in the cabinet.