Medical proforma

Centrepin

Cumbria firearms do require for  the medical proforma for shotgun license renewal. I have recently submitted my proforma to my surgery and it took from

December the 2nd to January the 6th to get it back, the doctors fee was £30 which I thought was quite fair. My application for licence renewal was sent off

on the 6th of January and I had a video call this morning with the firearms officer, just a few questions to answer and show on the video call my security

arrangements, cabinet etc, check the reference numbers on the guns I have against their records. 

They were happy with everything but mentioned the delay in sending out the new permit could be several months but they would be sending me a section 7

within the next couple of weeks. 

18 minutes ago, the barbarian said:

Cumbria firearms do require for  the medical proforma for shotgun license renewal. I have recently submitted my proforma to my surgery and it took from

December the 2nd to January the 6th to get it back, the doctors fee was £30 which I thought was quite fair. My application for licence renewal was sent off

on the 6th of January and I had a video call this morning with the firearms officer, just a few questions to answer and show on the video call my security

arrangements, cabinet etc, check the reference numbers on the guns I have against their records. 

They were happy with everything but mentioned the delay in sending out the new permit could be several months but they would be sending me a section 7

within the next couple of weeks. 

When did your tickets expire? My coterminous tickets expired last October and I applied for renewals in August and had a visit prior to expiry. 
A GP’s letter or medical proforma has never been mentioned at any point. 

Yep,same form for Lancs

my renewal letter arrived this morning. Filled in the relevant medical bits, took it to my doctors. No problem they said! We don't charge we just forward your medical history to the licensing unit!! HOWEVER I had read the accompanying letter and explained to the receptionist lady that they would no longer accept this. She then made another call to her practice manager. Result? "Sorry we don't do,them any more you need to see the Doctor privately" !!

so 30 minutes later and £60 lighter Medcert are doing it for me 😂😂

my renewal is due mid may