bismuth shot

Peterr

2 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

My guess is it’s where you take a piece of shot, crush it in some pliers, and are so horrified by the results your spelling temporarily goes ‘off piste’.

Brilliant explanation, I did wonder if a piller test just gave you fat fingers?  :w00t:

But he was using rather large shot.  :cool1:

Triple A actually shoots well in old vintage fowling guns , folk still use it and make their own shot.

I had a 4b with  plenty of choke in it, that shot well with black powder and a brass case  to accommodate a good payload of shot .

Folk have moved on or sold up with old guns, but it's not uncommon to find folk still loading that shot size in the right guns . 

23 minutes ago, muncher said:

I have been using a lot off Bismuth this season on geese and I've found it very effective, to the extent that some pellets have gone straight through the birds. This is in 4.25mm the shot looks awful but it works well.  

Exactly. Even a BB will go straight through a goose. So why would you need anything larger? Even from a punt gun.

1 hour ago, shakin stevens said:

Triple A actually shoots well in old vintage fowling guns , folk still use it and make their own shot.

I had a 4b with  plenty of choke in it, that shot well with black powder and a brass case  to accommodate a good payload of shot .

Folk have moved on or sold up with old guns, but it's not uncommon to find folk still loading that shot size in the right guns . 

Did you shoot many squirrels with your 4 Bore?   :rolleyes: