Mr Raynard...

gamekeeper1960

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Hmmmm  hate to be critical but are the ears a bit too small ?    A fox has very large ears and that is looking a bit lurcherish.  Just trying to be helpful you understand

Hi Mr Walker570, I don't mind your criticism at all in fact I'm always open to listen to any helpful comments ...but I have made them  slightly shorter for the reason that it is a walking stick and made to be used not just for decoration,so you do have to think of the implications of it being dropped and so to leave a bit of extra meat on to help protect them...  

DB....

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I do love your work and it is interesting to hear the reasoning behind your decisions.  :good:

Thanks Dave, sometimes I do try to add logic into the equation. My first decision when I started making stick was that it wanted to make them fit for purposes, so they must fit the hand, and be easy to carry as most of my stick are primarily for field work. I have seen some over the the years that are not easy or comfortable to walk with and I guess so are more decorational..

DB....

Edited by gamekeeper1960

4 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

Cant wait to see a hedgehog

Thanks Bill ...that reminds me of a joke about what the difference between a hedgehog and a police car ...

Can I settle for doing a police car...😉

4 hours ago, old man said:

Again no criticism because I can't do anything like your work , may be the muzzle a bit too large/thick and needs to be a bit more wedge shaped to make the face flatter and appearing broader?

Again none taken Old man ...boy you're a hard crowd to please ...😉

14 hours ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

Thanks Bill ...that reminds me of a joke about what the difference between a hedgehog and a police car ...

Can I settle for doing a police car...😉

Again none taken Old man ...boy you're a hard crowd to please ...😉

You have been a member on here long enough to know you will always get a honest response. We all admire your artistry, the pheasant heads where/are superb.

I asume you put them up to get an honest response and those of us who do make suggestions are only doing it to try to help.  Keep at it and with practise your bound to get better:yes:   Joking apart, I seriously enjoy seeing your work. I have done a few sticks myself and a bit of sculpture over the years and consider yours the best.  There was a nice guy at game fairs many moons ago ..I believe his name was Tom... gimnger ish hair and beard.  Super chap and he did wood carvings both full size and on sticks and his work was exceptional.  Yours are on that level without doubt.

8 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

We all have a smile when we see your work's of art👍

Thanks Bill...very kind words 👍

8 hours ago, Mr gen said:

look forward to seeing the finished project. you have an incredible talent, I wish I had.

Thank you Mr Gen...much appreciated 👍

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

You have been a member on here long enough to know you will always get a honest response. We all admire your artistry, the pheasant heads where/are superb.

I asume you put them up to get an honest response and those of us who do make suggestions are only doing it to try to help.  Keep at it and with practise your bound to get better   Joking apart, I seriously enjoy seeing your work. I have done a few sticks myself and a bit of sculpture over the years and consider yours the best.  There was a nice guy at game fairs many moons ago ..I believe his name was Tom... gimnger ish hair and beard.  Super chap and he did wood carvings both full size and on sticks and his work was exceptional.  Yours are on that level without doubt.

Thanks Mr Walker...and you are absolutely right,your comments keep me honest and very much help me to strive forward and your words of encouragement are pleasing to hear ...👍

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Crikey the addition of some paint brings it to life! 

Simply wonderful.

Cheers Dave...👍

59 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

NOW that is getting there.  A fox is not easy as our insticts tend to think of it as a dog but you have improved the muzzle and the paintwork is bringing it to life as TC says.

Great to see it develope as it just shows the amount of work involved..

Thanks Mr Walker...👍

36 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I would chalk it up as a success. Good likeness in my eyes. 

014F26AD-7E22-4A7B-B71E-B334A7AE5FB5.jpeg

Thanks walked up very kind words from all you Gents ...means a lot to me...🙏