Primos trigger sticks?

arjimlad

I like the look of these for sitting quietly in the woods waiting for squirrels, for stalking them, and possibly for lamping for bunnies on foot.

They will also double up for photography, it appears. 

Any user comments on them ? Anything else around the same price  (£100-150)which can be used sitting or standing at the press of a button? 

Are the gen 3 worth the extra £50 over the gen 2? 

Thanks in advance

Tried both gen 2 and 3 , they arent bad as a fast deploy rest  when walking about , but as a stand or sit down solution, I find them springy and unstable , especially for longer ranges.
Carbon tripods are the way forward, far less 'spring' , but the likes of Bog Pod or Rekon are very expensive.

Check out Zomei camera tripods , the 888c is around £120 ish , ebay or amazon, then look on ebay for a pig saddle , or shooting saddle (about £50), this will bolt directly to the ball head of the tripod, and give you all the benefits of the Rekon stuff for less than half the price.

My mate and I both have Gen3, also got the "double V bracket " affair . .both very fast and smooth. Only criticism is that with the "legs splayed at widest" ( there are two settings, normal and wide ) they are a bit springy when the stick is used at its lowest setting like when you are sat on the floor. But I do like it

I have had all 3 models and I’ve had trouble with all of them with the legs sticking. I still like them for the fact they compact down to put in the car easy and quick set up when needed with one hand. I’ve brought the carry case for mine so keeps my hands free for spotting and climbing over gates ect. 

839544A6-C750-4C1F-8F74-2C2FE6E32703.png

10 hours ago, crossy 666 said:

I have had all 3 models and I’ve had trouble with all of them with the legs sticking. I still like them for the fact they compact down to put in the car easy and quick set up when needed with one hand. I’ve brought the carry case for mine so keeps my hands free for spotting and climbing over gates ect. 

839544A6-C750-4C1F-8F74-2C2FE6E32703.png

I had trouble with the legs on the gen 3 just take them off and clean them the inner leg just unscrews and the outer leg prize open the lugs that hold it on and the leg will come off hope it helps 

On 21/01/2022 at 17:16, Rimfireboy said:

I’ve got gen2 and reversed over them accidentally, didn’t break so they must be fairly tough. I don’t find them springy and I use them in my pop up hide. Don’t know about gen3.

I've got the gen2 as well, I think there great, they can struggle if your sat on the floor when they are splayed wide, but then I put something in place to stop them sliding. 

For sitting and waiting on squirrels they are fantastic and I wouldn't be without them now.

There’s a tasty new model on its way that’s a bit more like the bog death grip but with the primos trigger mechanism, which is what the death grip lacks IMO . The new model looks much sturdier and comes with a clamp as opposed to the cradle . They are advertising it on their website for $499 so expect it to be the same in £’s

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/01/2022 at 12:51, Whitester said:

There’s a tasty new model on its way that’s a bit more like the bog death grip but with the primos trigger mechanism, which is what the death grip lacks IMO . The new model looks much sturdier and comes with a clamp as opposed to the cradle . They are advertising it on their website for $499 so expect it to be the same in £’s

$499 😬 ****** that.

Take a six foot hazel and cut it in half, then find a connector for a drain rod. Fit this connector to both ends of the hazels and then find a piece of leather and cut a  length about 9 inches and punch a 1 inch ole in each end , slip this over the sticks and bingo you ghave either a single stalking stick/aid or unscrewed it turns into a bypod you can adjust height on by simply spreading the legs further.  Lots of venison transfered to my freezer with this simple cost free item.  Photos to follow.

The legs on this one are some old golf club shafts. Make a simple stalking stick you can use standing and also to aid walking quietly through the wood.

Cost nowt other than a squeeze of Araldite.

001.JPG

003.JPG

Edited by Walker570

On 19/02/2022 at 14:53, theshootist said:

I've had a three leg Primos. One of the legs got stuck and I ended up taking it off. The other two don't work well. Seems like a good idea but cheaply made.

if ad 2 now both went wrong. legs sticking on one and the other small ding in one leg so would extend, now using a a set of blazer sticks not the cheapest but work for me