Reloading supplies

1 hour ago, Ttfjlc said:

John at Shotgunreloading in Devon is good to deal with 

Who is he.? Where is he.  Cant find a website or anything about him.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

Norman Clarke at Rugby.

I have looked at his website but it is poor. There isn't much if anything on there and most of that is unavailable.

Any other suppliers out there. ?  If not well have to get the wad punch back out and go back into the dark ages.

Edited by Minky

Fenland reloading supplies. 

Bit expensive on postage though. 

Shotgun reloading. 

I deal mainly with him excellent service. 

Also some chap called. 

Scotland reloading don't bother with him never has replied to myself or quite a few on here. 

5 hours ago, mellors said:

Also some chap called. 

Scotland reloading don't bother with him never has replied to myself or quite a few on here. 

😊 Perhaps he isn't replying because he fears falling off over the edge of the world dealing with Saxons south of the border. Or he just  doesn't deal with heathen sassanacs. Perhaps he fears that it'll cost him to msg across the Saxon border. I've yet to get on the spud site. I've found it be not navigated the layers.

Edited by Minky

18 hours ago, Minky said:

😊 Perhaps he isn't replying because he fears falling off over the edge of the world dealing with Saxons south of the border. Or he just  doesn't deal with heathen sassanacs. Perhaps he fears that it'll cost him to msg across the Saxon border. I've yet to get on the spud site. I've found it be not navigated the layers.

His loss. 

Why not just phone around and tell them what your after. I never order of the web it's so much easier to speak to them an deal with a person web sites are rarely up to date anyway. 

Tomorrow, Monday I'll have a ring around to see if anything is available. It is a situation of not getting the ingredients to make a recipe,  It's getting to be what can I make with the little that I can get.  The son in law has tried FES and also clay game and either that haven't got much / anything or that don't call back.  It looks like when you go online that an awful lot of stuff is out of stock.  I went on Clay game for fibre wads and every line was out of stock.  If things get much worse we'll be getting the wad punch out like back in the dark ages.  Even the stuff that is available has shot up in price.  This situation is strange ....  Brexit,?  Covid..? 

1 hour ago, Minky said:

Tomorrow, Monday I'll have a ring around to see if anything is available. It is a situation of not getting the ingredients to make a recipe,  It's getting to be what can I make with the little that I can get.  The son in law has tried FES and also clay game and either that haven't got much / anything or that don't call back.  It looks like when you go online that an awful lot of stuff is out of stock.  I went on Clay game for fibre wads and every line was out of stock.  If things get much worse we'll be getting the wad punch out like back in the dark ages.  Even the stuff that is available has shot up in price.  This situation is strange ....  Brexit,?  Covid..? 

Surprised FES is out of stock of fibre wads they are manufacturing their own according to their website.

what cartridges are you trying to load, some odd ball load?

Henry Kranks also do some items.

Edited by rbrowning2

Thanks for the offers of help from those who have pm'd me.  There is a strange situation of supply at work or something odd. what everyone wants is to one stop shop at a decent price and get delivery soon so that they can get into production. But what is happening is that either the stuff isn't  available or the order is accepted but not dispatched. Offers of online payment are declined.??  Until the package is ready for dispatch.  But that doesn't  come .!!!  Promised return calls don't  come.  So what's going on. Surely the object of business is to supply a need and make a sale and profit.  Not stall and not supply.  There's something odd going on.? We aren't difficult customers to deal with.

The situation in the USA is now affecting us here. I don't load shotgun shells, just centre fire cartridges, and I deal with a local friendly RFD on behalf of my club members. If they want anything of American origin, they are extremely lucky to get what they want. American bullets - Sierra, Hornady, Berger - largely out of stock. Primers - Federal, CCI - largely out of stock. The American manufacturers cannot supply their home market so are not really bothered about supplying us. One major importer just received 4000 bullets from one manufacturer when they had order 10,000, they have not had a complete order in over two years. This is having a knock on effect on supplies coming from Europe - the Americans are now ordering from European suppliers on a scale previously unseen which means we get less!!! It's all about supply and demand - the US market demands huge amounts of components so companies will do their best to sell to them rather than what miniscule UK will take.