Morning session

the hitman

After having a recce around gas gunshire yesterday I spotted a few flighting onto the corner of a huge field of OSR. I thought a session may produce about 20 so this morning after calling in at Greggs for my free breakfast roll (O2 app) I was set up at 9am. On arrival I put about 50 up so I just had to wait for their return. The wind was a gentle westerly, however the sun was straight in my face - but it was where I had to be.

First 3 that came in were singles and I shot all 3 and put 2 onto the magnet. The wind was picking up and the sillo’s were fluttering. A few groups of 10+ came in and I kept picking away missing some second barrel shots that I should have hit. The problem was the sun, a number of birds came in unseen with the the sun behind them - and flew off unharmed. My shooting began to improve and by 12noon when they had clearly found somewhere quieter I packed up with 22 pigeons.

Beautiful day to out and the sun on my face was almost spring like.

08634CC3-353A-4B7B-9D34-311E804720DF.jpeg

You done well to get what you got with the bright sunshine hitman , down here there was a sharp frost but as the sun came up it soon started to thaw out , not the ideal type of weather to shoot pigeons but a bonus for late January .

One of the coldest mornings we have had this Winter , all the puddles were frozen over along with some of the dykes , we have got a fleet dyke that run down the center of the marsh that very rarely freeze as the water is always running slowly to the pump house , this morning I took my gun and I felt almost sorry when my dog had to cross it a couple of times to retrieve a pair of Teal , after a run around he was soon steaming and a sight warmer than I was :lol: 

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

You done well to get what you got with the bright sunshine hitman , down here there was a sharp frost but as the sun came up it soon started to thaw out , not the ideal type of weather to shoot pigeons but a bonus for late January .

One of the coldest mornings we have had this Winter , all the puddles were frozen over along with some of the dykes , we have got a fleet dyke that run down the center of the marsh that very rarely freeze as the water is always running slowly to the pump house , this morning I took my gun and I felt almost sorry when my dog had to cross it a couple of times to retrieve a pair of Teal , after a run around he was soon steaming and a sight warmer than I was :lol: 

Hi MM

We have had a lovely week weather wise- bright sunshine then slight frost in the mornings. The moon has been beautiful all week in clear star filled sky.

Historically we have most of our snowfall locally in February/ early March - so winter still might have a sting in its tail.

Nice work getting the teal.