Little mark on inside of barrel

mgsontour

525 has chrome lined barrels so it shouldn't be a pit. Barrel cleaner and cordless drill on end of the wire brush / rod. If that fails - stand the barrels in the sink on a cloth. Pour boiling water down the barrel - shifts just about anything. Be careful with the hot water and make sure it is all dry afterwards.

14 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

OR just shoot another cartridge rather than getting O.T.T. about it.

I think it 'might' have been there the last time I used/cleaned it when I looked down the barrels but never thought much of it but It's deffo not moving so will fire some more and see if it goes.

Just out of interest, my Webley & Scott cleaning kit was my Xmas pressie in 1976 which comprises of 2 wooden sticks, a brass looking wire and lambswool very well used attachments along with a couple of rags and a seagull feather. . . . . maybe I might have to invest in something more modern as my 3rd can of Napier gun oil is about empty?

15 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Is it a pit?

How would I tell?

1 hour ago, mgsontour said:

I think it 'might' have been there the last time I used/cleaned it when I looked down the barrels but never thought much of it but It's deffo not moving so will fire some more and see if it goes.

Just out of interest, my Webley & Scott cleaning kit was my Xmas pressie in 1976 which comprises of 2 wooden sticks, a brass looking wire and lambswool very well used attachments along with a couple of rags and a seagull feather. . . . . maybe I might have to invest in something more modern as my 3rd can of Napier gun oil is about empty?

How would I tell?

I’ve had the same thing a little while ago and my normal cleaning routine and or firing more shells through the gun did not move it. On advice from my gunsmith I used the Phillips barrel cleaner but spayed it, left it over night and then used a chamber brush which is wider than a normal wire brush and gave it a good scrubbing out and then followed by stuffing kitchen roll down the barrels with the other end of the cleaning rod until coming out clean. Worked for me!

1 hour ago, mgsontour said:

How would I tell?

Try using a Payne Galway brush on the end of your rods with the Phillips bore cleaner sprayed and left on for 30 mins. Should clear it and worth having for your cleaning kit!

The brass brushes wear down over time and don't make contact as well as when new.....sounds like yours have cleaned their fair share of barrels!

1 hour ago, reindeer said:

WD40 resolves most types of barrel fouling. Leave it overnight and clean it out with a cleansing pad on top of a spiral wire brush. For that have a look at you wife’s dressing table 😊

Nope!
Can’t find where she keeps her spiral wire brushes on her dressing table.

• 4 weeks later...