Aya round action

Mr grumpy

The No2 is a good well made gun. But I've never liked rounded action sidelocks. Of anybody's make. Spanish made or London made. The test won't be how it handles, nor how it recoils. Those will depend on stock length and how that stock length works for you. The balance will be again pretty much like a standard No2. The test will be how if feels broken carried over your arm. And that you can only find out by trying it. Some say the round action is more comfortable. I'd disagree. Only you can decide how that is for you.

59 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

I have always liked the look of round action shotguns but dont have mckay brown money.

I've seen an aya number 2 round body on gt.looking for peoples experience of these.fed back on handling,recoil etc would be appreciated.

You are talking about two entirely different things.

The Mackay Brown is a round action gun.......a specific type of trigger plate action.

The AYA is a rounded action, that is a normal side lock action with rounded corners.

Chalk and cheese, I’m afraid.

20 minutes ago, London Best said:

You are talking about two entirely different things.

The Mackay Brown is a round action gun.......a specific type of trigger plate action.

The AYA is a rounded action, that is a normal side lock action with rounded corners.

Chalk and cheese, I’m afraid.

Yes i appreciate that.i'm relly looking for opinions on the aya.thankyou

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

The No2 is a good well made gun. But I've never liked rounded action sidelocks. Of anybody's make. Spanish made or London made. The test won't be how it handles, nor how it recoils. Those will depend on stock length and how that stock length works for you. The balance will be again pretty much like a standard No2. The test will be how if feels broken carried over your arm. And that you can only find out by trying it. Some say the round action is more comfortable. I'd disagree. Only you can decide how that is for you.

Yes your right about the over the arm feel.i recently went to the dark side (over&under). Most uncomfortable over the arm,compared to my sbs

15 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

Yes i appreciate that.i'm relly looking for opinions on the aya.thankyou

Yes your right about the over the arm feel.i recently went to the dark side (over&under). Most uncomfortable over the arm,compared to my sbs

I think the AYA is a very good piece of kit.

I find O/U guns most uncomfortable to carry. Just one of many reasons I will never have one.

30 minutes ago, Bungle The Bear said:

I had a 486 Parallelo straight stock used it for three years  - eventually moved it on, I personally think they're too thick in the stock at the hand, and they have a trigger missing 😉 I much prefer my AYAs and English guns, I shoot with mainly a best quality boxlock or 53

53, now that's a nice piece of kit

How long have you had it?