Greener GP

happyshooting

I've got a mint one from 1926 with a short barrel. It was only worth 150 3 years ago. They can be from about 200 to 400 nowadays. Gone up in value, but not worth a great deal. They are very primative guns.

I just fancy another with a longer barrel. They are great fun.

Edited by happyshooting
Update

I have one in the cabinet, not sure what year but the FEO said last week 'that's in good condition!' 

I'll take some pics tonight and post them.

Do they have a cleaning brush in the stock? as it seems to have a little hinged cover? 

Also do you know how to date them? 

19 minutes ago, Sprucey said:

I have one in the cabinet, not sure what year but the FEO said last week 'that's in good condition!' 

Do they have a cleaning brush in the stock? as it seems to have a little hinged cover? 

The only way to date them is to check the serial number in the book published called 'the greener story'. A few people own it, so you see people ask others to check for them.

I don't know about a hinged cover. Maybe yours is the multi choke version where there is storage in the forend stock. Interested to see the pics though.

22 hours ago, Sprucey said:

I have the book and numbers if you pm me the serial number 

The only way to date them is to check the serial number in the book published called 'the greener story'. A few people own it, so you see people ask others to check for them.

Not necessarily so. They will all have been submitted to proof at Birmingham. There will be the Proof House "private mark" that will give the date it was done using this code:

http://www.hallowellco.com/birmingham_proof_house_date_code.htm

Edited by enfieldspares

I think that this model is the type that was supplied to the Egyptian police and has an odd chamber/cartridge size to reduce the chance of the gun being nicked and used against them. Somehow, normal 12g cartridges wouldn't fit it. It may be worth measuring the chamber diameter and length to see if I recollect correctly.

http://www.dave-cushman.net/shot/greenerpolice.html

Edited by Velocette
Addition.

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

They are 650-1200$ over here in America.  I had to to drive 600 miles to buy one.  But it’s was the nicest one I had ever seen.  Plus it was a made for America 12g and not converted from the police caliber. C2BEA51B-0808-4F28-8952-3A6C45D533E9.jpeg.b117b98eccbb11d2fa69c645594777d5.jpegBB537713-BB48-4DE7-B378-4E1C42956CFE.jpeg.3210b9a6bc67e502517324a785b591e3.jpeg

Very nice indeed and worth the drive I think! There must be a lot less of them your side of the Atlantic to command those prices. I have actually just bought one in similar immaculate condition for £300. It's good that people appreciate them. The price of side by side guns has also gone up a lot in the last 3 years. They used to give them away, which was crazy, as it didn't reflect the real value or quality of some at all.

• 2 weeks later...