Theoban HE system

Fenny

4 hours ago, the enigma said:

I've got a Theoben Crusader that doesn't have HE marked on and it runs at 20 ft lb. Great build quality, but let down a little by the trigger.

They are lovely build quality and made to last, I wouldn’t part with mine, it’s got a character and different feel to any of my other air rifles. Really quick shot cycle with no vibration and hardly any recoil. Lovely to shoot.

On 25/01/2022 at 18:16, Fenny said:

I am not into air rifle shooting but my dad has just given me a Theoban H E system .22 does this require a FAC or is it under the limit. Are these decent air rifles 

Cheers Fenny 

If it was your dad's, then keep it, always. Take it out and shoot it every so often. The more you use it, the better it will get and the better you will shoot with it. They are at the top end of field air rifles, way, way better quality than any modern 'spring' air rifle. The Theoben gas rams are cult rifles and the early ones were virtually hand built. What is the serial number? Can you get any pictures up? Sporting stock or thumbhole?  They are very sought after now, both by those that want one to use and by collectors. I have a friend who now has over 30 gas ram Theobens, including my old SLR! Pictures would help, the serial number you might find if you turn it upside down and look in the cocking slot in the stock, it should be engraved (by hand with a dremmel) on the cocking lever. It will help to date it.

On 01/02/2022 at 13:19, Fenny said:

Just been given the evolution model cannot belive it . I am in the process of applying for FAC. Will only keep 1 my cabinet is full already. 

I think the earlier ones with built in scope mount will be more desirable than the later ones with dovetails. Both nice though, but if you’re only keeping one I’d keep the sirocco. Just my opinion.