Any good shooting grounds near Hythe, Hampshire?

Smudger687

You’ve got Wallers ash at kings worthy straight up m3 , Lanes at Andover,, Richard Foulds Owl Lodge bit further out , Lee on Solent at Gosport , I’m sure there a few more dotted around.All depending on how far you want to travel

Owls lodge is a no for me too , ended loading traps one day cos no one could be bothered to fill them , not been back 

Edited by sam triple

2 hours ago, Smudger687 said:

Thanks, I do normally go to Owl's Lodge but it's a schlep to get there from hythe, Lains even moreso.

What a pain. Looks like I'll be cutting down on my shooting.

Goodbye thursday PM skeet practice 😞

To be fair where you'll be you're now more into South Wiltshire and Dorset territory. I have tried a brief look at CPSA site etc and doesn't seem to be anything south of Salisbury or until you get to like Bournemouth. 😞

I daren't say Spitfire 😆

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Roundwood was always worth a trip out and then there is Ower.

Roundwood is £50 for 100 clays, pretty pricey there. or £60 for 100 clays on the game practice and high tower. That would only be good if that included the (red) cartridges!! The site does look beautiful to shoot at though, and has stands you don't see at standard grounds. Would you say it's worth the extra tariff?

10 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

Goodbye thursday PM skeet practice 😞

To be fair where you'll be you're now more into South Wiltshire and Dorset territory. I have tried a brief look at CPSA site etc and doesn't seem to be anything south of Salisbury or until you get to like Bournemouth. 😞

I daren't say Spitfire 😆

I'll still come along to Thursday skeet - just a bit less frequently 😭

Don't say the "S" word! Also hope they don't find out about the Romagnola incident 🤣

Roundwood may well be lovely, but as you say it's pricey and I resent having the mick taken out of me - Owl's is bad enough! I do find it irritating that shooting grounds can be so bloody greedy - if they charged less per clay I'd compensate by shooting a greater volume of clays, more frequently. 

Edited by Smudger687

23 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

I'll still come along to Thursday skeet - just a bit less frequently 😭

Don't say the "S" word! Also hope they don't find out about the Romagnola incident 🤣

Roundwood may well be lovely, but as you say it's pricey and I resent having the mick taken out of me - Owl's is bad enough! I do find it irritating that shooting grounds can be so bloody greedy - if they charged less per clay I'd compensate by shooting a greater volume of clays, more frequently. 

Let me know if you want to shoot this thursday, I think you said you weren't coming so I will probably go to Lains for variety instead if you aren't coming.

Not even gonna go there with RCs..... eek. That's two times now that Greenfields have mis-sold me plaswad as fibre carts! Shame there aren't other big stores in the area that are as convenient. If they didn't shoot so well in my 525 I'd offer to sell you some plaswad hahaha

2 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Roundwood is £50 for 100 clays, pretty pricey there. or £60 for 100 clays on the game practice and high tower. That would only be good if that included the (red) cartridges!! The site does look beautiful to shoot at though, and has stands you don't see at standard grounds. Would you say it's worth the extra tariff?

Yes it is worth it now and again.

29 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes it is worth it now and again.

I'll give it a tickle then based on that! I went to Bisley and one of the 2 clubs there do a caddied round which I did for my birthday, and that was delightful for around the same price as Roundwood. I do need to go back and try Long Siberia for pay and play though!

1 hour ago, Smudger687 said:

Maybe 30 miles straight line distance, but even the most direct route is more than 45. May as well go to Owl's Lodge!

image.png.0174e8403923df31eba027c51f011339.png

Apologies, I thought you were travelling from Ringwood. Have you thought about buying your own shooting ground? That would cut down on the travelling.

2 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Apologies, I thought you were travelling from Ringwood. Have you thought about buying your own shooting ground? That would cut down on the travelling.

Yes I have, I was planning on doing so once I'd finalised the purchase of my country manor and my collection of rolexes and Bentleys, but alas I am impatient.