Liz Truss

CaptC

It is alleged that Liz Truss flew to Australia by private jet costing the tax payers the incredible sum of £500,000!! A private government Airbus A321 creating almost 500 tonnes of CO2 emissions. 

As they say, you cannot make it up? How many air filters could the £500,000 have provided for schools? It cost more than any shady trade deal!!

It's small fry compared with the hideous amount of taxpayers money spent by the councils sending out thousands of gritters night after night when, after weeks without rain, there isn't the slightest risk of ice. As soon as the temp is forecast to drop to 2 degrees or below out go the gritters burning through thousands of gallons of diesel and covering the roads with filthy slime. I'd guess the emissions would be pretty horrendous too.

8 minutes ago, Westward said:

It's small fry compared with the hideous amount of taxpayers money spent by the councils sending out thousands of gritters night after night when, after weeks without rain, there isn't the slightest risk of ice. As soon as the temp is forecast to drop to 2 degrees or below out go the gritters burning through thousands of gallons of diesel and covering the roads with filthy slime. I'd guess the emissions would be pretty horrendous too.

That’s because they have a budget for gritting the roads and if they don’t use the budget then they lose it for the following year, Stupid I know but that’s what happens when the world is run by accountants and balance sheets 

Edited by Mr.T

5 minutes ago, Westward said:

Early morning dew can be very dangerous in a ground frost with it being difficult to see. Betcha someone having an RTA would no doubt claim off the local authority if the roads weren't gritted.

15 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Early morning dew can be very dangerous in a ground frost with it being difficult to see. Betcha someone having an RTA would no doubt claim off the local authority if the roads weren't gritted.

On average I'd say that there's about one night a year when gritting serves any purpose and in this county that's usually the very night they don't deploy the gritters.

5 hours ago, CaptC said:

It is alleged that Liz Truss flew to Australia by private jet costing the tax payers the incredible sum of £500,000!! A private government Airbus A321 creating almost 500 tonnes of CO2 emissions. 

As they say, you cannot make it up? How many air filters could the £500,000 have provided for schools? It cost more than any shady trade deal!!

Who is governing the government ? ......another stupid decision 

4 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Lets be honest if they forecast a frost and the local council did not grit the roads and a school bus crashed and god forbid some children got killed they hang drawn and quarter them 

Our council doesnt seem to grit our roads anymore, they haven't for about ten years now. The next borough does grit its roads, but only the main roads. 

23 hours ago, CaptC said:

The official line is that as a cabinet minister she is entitled to use the plane when travelling. I guess most of us didn't know of the existence of this private jet but its obviously not sitting on the ground day after day not being used 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Our council doesnt seem to grit our roads anymore, they haven't for about ten years now. The next borough does grit its roads, but only the main roads. 

When it snows here every road leading to a main road is covered in snow. Getting into the village becomes a toboggan run, and don’t even get me started on all the verges high with bracken and bushes that may get a 6 inch cut once if your lucky.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The official line is that as a cabinet minister she is entitled to use the plane when travelling. I guess most of us didn't know of the existence of this private jet but its obviously not sitting on the ground day after day not being used 

here is the plane they haven't quite finished painting the tail yet

image.jpeg.0b5289d807d1d859fd41b5f5cf72278f.jpeg

On 28/01/2022 at 13:44, countryman said:

When it snows here every road leading to a main road is covered in snow. Getting into the village becomes a toboggan run, and don’t even get me started on all the verges high with bracken and bushes that may get a 6 inch cut once if your lucky.

When it snows properly, the councils should do the same as every other civilised country. Which is to plough the snow and then grit the roads. What happens here is that any time there's the least risk pf snow, out go the gritters before the snow starts. Snow settling onto gritted roads is far, far more slippery, problematic and dangerous than snow melting from the top down.

I'm not against gritting as such, only that the councils use it as a form of blame avoidance rather than try to use it effectively.

Edited by Westward

4 hours ago, Westward said:

When it snows properly, the councils should do the same as every other civilised country. Which is to plough the snow and then grit the roads. What happens here is that any time there's the least risk pf snow, out go the gritters before the snow starts. Snow settling onto gritted roads is far, far more slippery, problematic and dangerous than snow melting from the top down.

I'm not against gritting as such, only that the councils use it as a form of blame avoidance rather than try to use it effectively.

Westward . please don't take this the wrong way . You clearly have no understanding whatsoever of how road gritting works , and why its done . If you do a Google,  it should all become clear mate 👍.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Westward . please don't take this the wrong way . You clearly have no understanding whatsoever of how road gritting works , and why its done . If you do a Google,  it should all become clear mate 👍.

Of course I understand that blame avoidance overrides everything else including public safety - exactly as it does with the police - but I just enjoy a rant.

p.s. I also understand the physics...