What TV is the best

ditchman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some very knowledgeable guys on here . When we need a new TV,  I send my Mrs off to asda , with the strict instruction not to waste more than £300 on a telly.

The TV in my daughter and son in laws house , is so big that the people on TV are almost full size 😳, the picture quality is amazing , and looks like 3D. I've never asked how much it cost , but I'm guessing it was considerably more than my £300 limit.

6 minutes ago, old'un said:

Another thing to look out for is angle of view, some TV's get washed out when you move off centre.

i will take that on-board.........my room will be set up for maximum veiwing experience........its only me living there now..and the property is detatched so i wont worry about the adition of a sound bar..:good:

if you’ve already got a decent hi-fi with biggish speakers and optical connection then that will give you a much better sound than a sound bar, found most of the sound bars I have listened to cannot match the high trebles and deep base that decent sized hi-fi speakers can.

Little about the subject here..https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/sound-bars/article/sound-bars-vs-home-cinema-and-surround-sound-systems-which-is-best-at0si9W216sx

and viewing angles..https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/viewing-angle

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i will take that on-board.........my room will be set up for maximum veiwing experience........its only me living there now..and the property is detatched so i wont worry about the adition of a sound bar..:good:

never mind a sound bar, get a speaker package about £350 from richer sounds, it will blow your mind.

11 hours ago, dipper said:

The service in curry’s is absolute rubbish .that’s not just my experience.I’ve been kept waiting while they finish chatting.Took things back  and asked questions about electrical items they were unable to answer. It’s as though the staff have not had any training.So why is that in your opinion a stupid statement??

Because I was only suggesting he went to view there, he can buy where he wants.  To say what you did is a very broad brush statement!.  I have bought from them and never had an issue with their service.

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

reading reveiws...........folk are saying that the 55"........is a good set up........but people are now tending to go for the 65" set up........anyone had experience with this size TV ?

We used to have a bit of a “tv” room in an old house with a 65” Samsung tv. Monitor Audio silver speakers and a Yamaha receiver. The sound quality was the most impressive part about it. If it were me with £1500 budget I would spend £1000 on the tv and the rest on a 5.1 surround system rather than a sound bar.

LG do a decent 4k tv although they aren’t OLED.

https://www.box.co.uk/soloco/65NANO886PB-LG-NanoCell-NANO88-65-4K-Smart-TV-with-_3610102.html

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

reading reveiws...........folk are saying that the 55"........is a good set up........but people are now tending to go for the 65" set up........anyone had experience with this size TV ?

Ok like I said earlier gone are the days we're getting to close will hurt your eyes .

I have a 54 inch Samsung had it 5 years  after a few months I though it was to small.

When you view them in the shop you are standing very close to them, that's why they look amazing  try stand back were you feel you would be viewing them from . You will see a difference.  So if you can sit close , go bigger .

Trust me the don't seem big for long . 

3 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Ok like I said earlier gone are the days we're getting to close will hurt your eyes .

I have a 54 inch Samsung had it 5 years  after a few months I though it was to small.

When you view them in the shop you are standing very close to them, that's why they look amazing  try stand back were you feel you would be viewing them from . You will see a difference.  So if you can sit close , go bigger .

Trust me the don't seem big for long . 

they seem to be like sheds.........always wished you bought the next size up

13 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Ok we have blue Ray  and  now 4k dvd players , the 4k dvd players are expensive  and so are the disc , there was not a lot of 4 k dvd disks   when I last looked awhile ago .

The problem is they designed  the tech , I.e. 4 k tv's  but the people who supply and broadcast are via Internet  . At the moment  the only way to watch 4 k  so unless you are buying a 4k dvd player there is no need for a 4 k tv . All your 4k tv will do is upscale the picture to is 1080p . 

If your only watching freeview then you need the best ariel  to give you best image quality . There is no point in have a top spec tv , if the signal is not that good .

I have freeview and freesat . I find that freesat is better for me due to were my tv radio mast is . Most smart tv's have both built in . So no need to buy the separate  boxes.  I use a Samsung  soundboard to match my Samsung tv  . Modern tv are great but lacking in sound quality . A 60 inch screen may look very big when you first get it , but then you get used to it , and in time you will say wish I had got bigger . They are amazing and you realy sit close to them and not hurt your eyes 

Spot on reply; 100% correct

14 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Ok we have blue Ray  and  now 4k dvd players , the 4k dvd players are expensive  and so are the disc , there was not a lot of 4 k dvd disks   when I last looked awhile ago .

The problem is they designed  the tech , I.e. 4 k tv's  but the people who supply and broadcast are via Internet  . At the moment  the only way to watch 4 k  so unless you are buying a 4k dvd player there is no need for a 4 k tv . All your 4k tv will do is upscale the picture to is 1080p . 

If your only watching freeview then you need the best ariel  to give you best image quality . There is no point in have a top spec tv , if the signal is not that good .

I have freeview and freesat . I find that freesat is better for me due to were my tv radio mast is . Most smart tv's have both built in . So no need to buy the separate  boxes.  I use a Samsung  soundboard to match my Samsung tv  . Modern tv are great but lacking in sound quality . A 60 inch screen may look very big when you first get it , but then you get used to it , and in time you will say wish I had got bigger . They are amazing and you realy sit close to them and not hurt your eyes 

14 hours ago, johnphilip said:

right i get that..........i will be buying a bluray and i know they aint cheap the type that will take dvd ordinary and blu ray  to purley view quality films when the come out...so it would be sensible to buy a top tv to view it on

and as i will be using a standard high gain ariel.....the quality will be dependent on the signal.......some of the programmes on freeview are HD some are not.....but its the picture quality on films thro the player im interested in ..as i dont do the cinima thing.........

15 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Six year warranty from Richer Sounds, never had a problem with any failed item in getting it fixed or replaced through them.

Our new tv is sat in its box waiting for our extension to be finished in order to take its prominent position. 

May be worth all shooters  on here noting that Richer Sound boss is actively anti shooting who I personally would not support by buying from his company, likewise I have suggested to my wife not to buy from Lush as they support the hunt sabs and have even developed a Citronella soap sabs use to put off the hounds by spraying it on them.

5 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

May be worth all shooters  on here noting that Richer Sound boss is actively anti shooting who I personally would not support by buying from his company, likewise I have suggested to my wife not to buy from Lush as they support the hunt sabs and have even developed a Citronella soap sabs use to put off the hounds by spraying it on them.

the workers at john lewis stopped all their directors and managers from using john lewis farms for game shooting........

so where do we go from here ? lol