More fuel to the fire

With pressure building from NRW, LACS and the Welsh Labour government reports like this are not going to help

I do hope its not true as it  seems to be a new shoot and the area of ground where is allowed shooting in Wales

is under threat and shrinking rapidly.

Dead birds video investigated over river pollution fears - BBC News   

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chap needs to follow those birds. Appalling action by the fool it says he no longer works there which if fair action by the shoot, he also needs to face all the press and attention thats going to follow. 

More annoying is the fact that WE all know we are under the spot light yet you have dumb idiots around like this, he wants castrating.  

20 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, why did the shoot not give the birds away free ? might get more support than dumping them, and look better for game shooting, 

I've not seen the video but it may be carcases that have been breasted out and or are unfit to eat

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Any idea where the ‘video footage’ is? 

Hopefully it’s just a rubbish report trying to get more bad publicity against shooting. What makes me think this is that the BBC is usually the first to gleefully show the footage.

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

The chap needs to follow those birds. Appalling action by the fool it says he no longer works there which if fair action by the shoot, he also needs to face all the press and attention thats going to follow. 

More annoying is the fact that WE all know we are under the spot light yet you have dumb idiots around like this, he wants castrating.  

If this true and it is a fairly new shoot it does smack a bit of arrogance.

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

Were these breasted out birds or complete carcasses? 

Either way neither should be dumped in a watercourse 

it’s about time commercial shoots had a waste disposal protocol in place all shoots will get some birds unfit for the food chain and they should be disposed of in a proper manner 

with the pressure on shooting in the current climate correct disposal of any business waste generated should be a priority 

just my thoughts 

33 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Either way neither should be dumped in a watercourse 

it’s about time commercial shoots had a waste disposal protocol in place all shoots will get some birds unfit for the food chain and they should be disposed of in a proper manner 

with the pressure on shooting in the current climate correct disposal of any business waste generated should be a priority 

just my thoughts 

Dead animals turn up in watercourses every day, it’s not really of any significance.

LACS wouldn’t be bothered if it was a sheep or a cow. Whether the birds are intact or processed is of significance however. 

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

Dead animals turn up in watercourses every day, it’s not really of any significance.

LACS wouldn’t be bothered if it was a sheep or a cow. Whether the birds are intact or processed is of significance however. 

I’m sure they do 

however it’s no excuse for dumping them and even less of a excuse for dumping processed birds 

if it’s a commercial shoot processed bird carcasses becomes business waste there must be a correct way for there disposal 

18 hours ago, Old farrier said:

I’m sure they do 

however it’s no excuse for dumping them and even less of a excuse for dumping processed birds 

if it’s a commercial shoot processed bird carcasses becomes business waste there must be a correct way for there disposal 

You’re right of course, but as yet it isn’t illegal to dump entire birds even if it happened, only processed ones, and there are plenty of shooters who have admitted on here to leaving the remnants of those birds they have breasted where they did it. The only time they’re put in a bin is if the job is done at home. 
If commercial shoots which had the facility to properly process birds, also had incinerators with which to legally dispose of processed carcasses, then it would just be another stick with which to beat them when it would eventually be claimed by those intent on destroying us, that shoots, unable to sell or process birds, were simply burning them. They can’t win whatever they do. 

The so called ‘incident’ itself is a small scale piece of nonsense. Nature can easily decompose a couple of dozen breasted birds without detriment to river quality. 

What is really happening here is that the BBC are publicising a LACS stunt - and giving them a platform for further rhetoric.

Are the BBC in breech of contract for biased reporting, given that their piece doesn’t offer balance?

Where are the counter comments from BASC or similar!!??

This is nothing more than an orchestrated ‘sting’ against the commercial shoot, who probably have little or no experience in dealing with the media. Could someone pursue this (i.e. who is paid to do so)…...BASC, CA..?

Anyone from those org’s picking this up should be all over it!! 

26 minutes ago, Fellside said:

The so called ‘incident’ itself is a small scale piece of nonsense. Nature can easily decompose a couple of dozen breasted birds without detriment to river quality. 

What is really happening here is that the BBC are publicising a LACS stunt - and giving them a platform for further rhetoric.

Are the BBC in breech of contract for biased reporting, given that their piece doesn’t offer balance?

Where are the counter comments from BASC or similar!!??

This is nothing more than an orchestrated ‘sting’ against the commercial shoot, who probably have little or no experience in dealing with the media. Could someone pursue this (i.e. who is paid to do so)…...BASC, CA..?

Anyone from those org’s picking this up should be all over it!! 

Not sure what anyone could say in "balance". I don't think saying that they dumped the waste after processing in the river because its more cost effective than disposing of them through an approved route would really help!  

8 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Not sure what anyone could say in "balance". I don't think saying that they dumped the waste after processing in the river because its more cost effective than disposing of them through an approved route would really help!  

Balanced reporting is having a voice from the other side. Also, balanced reporting is not relying upon and publishing a biased sting for primary content. 

You’re using terms such as ‘waste’ and ‘processing’ which makes it sound like discarding on an industrial scale. Let’s be clear - this was a couple of dozen part-carcasses if we believe the LACS figures (?).  They were deposited in a disused mine shaft, not in a river. 

Do you have a biased interest in this BBC spin? Are you a member of LACS?

5 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Balanced reporting is having a voice from the other side. Also, balanced reporting is not relying upon and publishing a biased sting for primary content. 

You’re using terms such as ‘waste’ and ‘processing’ which makes it sound like discarding on an industrial scale. Let’s be clear - this was a couple of dozen part-carcasses if we believe the LACS figures (?).  They were deposited in a disused mine shaft, not in a river. 

Do you have a biased interest in this BBC spin? Are you a member of LACS?

Yeah fully paid up member of lacs!

All the time shooting works along the lines that the rules or the spirt of the rules don't apply to them things like this will keep being splash across the papers and bbc, it happens every year.

As you say it was a couple of dozen carcasses. They could have chucked the in a bag and taken them to their nearest knacker yard, or if it is a bit of a trek put then in a freezer until they have enough to make a trip worth it. It would have cost them a few quid and they wouldn't be all over the news!

24 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Yeah fully paid up member of lacs!

All the time shooting works along the lines that the rules or the spirt of the rules don't apply to them things like this will keep being splash across the papers and bbc, it happens every year.

As you say it was a couple of dozen carcasses. They could have chucked the in a bag and taken them to their nearest knacker yard, or if it is a bit of a trek put then in a freezer until they have enough to make a trip worth it. It would have cost them a few quid and they wouldn't be all over the news!

That’s the whole point, it shouldn’t have been “all over the news”,as it isn’t news worthy. No crime has been committed either and no arrest. It wouldn’t have been “all over the news”, if the BBC hadn’t exaggerated its importance in line with animal rights extremists from LACS!

This is the true and proper context I’m afraid. When you pay a licence fee now, you are supporting Packham, Wild Injustice and LACS by proxy. 

14 minutes ago, Fellside said:

That’s the whole point, it shouldn’t have been “all over the news”,as it isn’t news worthy. No crime has been committed either and no arrest. It wouldn’t have been “all over the news”, if the BBC hadn’t exaggerated its importance in line with animal rights extremists from LACS!

This is the true and proper context I’m afraid. When you pay a licence fee now, you are supporting Packham, Wild Injustice and LACS by proxy. 

A crime may have been committed, I don't know the full detail of what went on I could find you the bit in the abp regs but can't be bothered.

The people who make up this shoot must know that the lacs or packham would love to get footage that could be used to put shooting in a  bad light weather it breaks any rules or not and they also must know that the bbc would fall over them selves to show it, or is it just that they are a bit hard of thinking

9 minutes ago, bluesj said:

A crime may have been committed, I don't know the full detail of what went on I could find you the bit in the abp regs but can't be bothered.

The people who make up this shoot must know that the lacs or packham would love to get footage that could be used to put shooting in a  bad light weather it breaks any rules or not and they also must know that the bbc would fall over them selves to show it, or is it just that they are a bit hard of thinking

Yes the shoot have been silly re exposing themselves to negative publicity - of that there is little doubt. However, that’s the only real incident here. Regarding legality, if there had been any evidence of law breaking courtesy of LACS, the employee would have been arrested. We would certainly be aware as LACS / BBC would have been delighted to include this - and they haven’t. 

We all know a dozen or so breasted birds isn’t going to cause the catastrophic environmental impacts implied by the BBC. That is precisely what makes this a disgracefully trumped up farce, with the BBC and LACS hand in hand at the centre of it. 

The most alarming aspect arising from the whole dung flinging mess - is the sinister and obvious partnership between LACS and the BBC. 

4 minutes ago, bluesj said:

A partnership between the bbc and animal right lunes is nothing new!

I think we can agree on that much at least bluesj. 

That ‘partnership’ has never been so profoundly apparent as now. This case is more alarming than most, as it is a direct attack on a single shoot, aided and abetted by the BBC.

3 minutes ago, Fellside said:

I think we can agree on that much at least bluesj. 

That ‘partnership’ has never been so profoundly apparent as now. This case is more alarming than most, as it is a direct attack on a single shoot, aided and abetted by the BBC.

And that is why shoots have to be and be seen to be squeaky clean, but I'm sure we will be here again when the next lot of birds are found dumped in a ditch.