Ooops I've done it again

B725

Lovely looking dog though I am biased with a liver and white spaniel here my pip at two !

She off colour today after throwing up today on tidy up day 1. She worked her socks of Sat, rest day yesterday and ideally We should both be back out tomorrow but will see how she is in the morning .

keep us updated on Tom and especially if you get wind of a big bird training day !

Agriv8

F5EE564A-6997-4FCC-AAE5-481950545AA1.jpeg

931C95F6-9F0C-47B8-ABD2-AA2851E88435.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Lovely looking dog though I am biased with a liver and white spaniel here my pip at two !

She off colour today after throwing up today on tidy up day 1. She worked her socks of Sat, rest day yesterday and ideally We should both be back out tomorrow but will see how she is in the morning .

keep us updated on Tom and especially if you get wind of a big bird training day !

Agriv8

F5EE564A-6997-4FCC-AAE5-481950545AA1.jpeg

931C95F6-9F0C-47B8-ABD2-AA2851E88435.jpeg

Beautiful expression on that dog mate, just curious, is that a harness you use to walk the dog? on or is it more for chest protection? I had heard of people using some chest protection on real hard hitters to stop them getting so torn up.

Rob harness goes on in a morning and comes of at bed time and is worn every day she’s not working or training ( attempted  ! ) Not a fan of a choker or collar on a young dog especially a very eager sprocker spaniel and though a coller at 2 would be fine the harnesses works and it’s what she is used to!

it’s works as most of the time she won’t pull in it and when the dog need a reminder to sit it’s not throttling her.

working a figure of 8 lead is either in my pocket or on the dog.

suspect it will give a bit of protection but for us it was something to grab when she got excited as a 100mph slippery pup ! To be able to pick her up and put her on her bed to chill out.

my pip rips herself up on brambles she has worked 3 tidy up keepers day in last 4 days - her ears leg fronts and chest will be tender for a day or two with multiple cuts but a bath in medicated wash cleans most of her wounds,

Pip at 2 we know have a bond that builds on every shoot.  I am just about to write up today as a tribute for my season

Agriv8

• 2 weeks later...

Well two weeks in having the pup, I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and forgot what a pup is like or Tom is spawned from the devil himself 😁 . We get a quiet night now but he has either pulled up or eaten just about everything in the garden has had 24 hour's of the runs and no intention of doing what you want as running about at 100 miles an hour is more fun. 

Can't let him on the back garden yet as he is garenteed to go in the pond oh the joys of having a pup. 

29 minutes ago, B725 said:

Well two weeks in having the pup, I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and forgot what a pup is like or Tom is spawned from the devil himself 😁 . We get a quiet night now but he has either pulled up or eaten just about everything in the garden has had 24 hour's of the runs and no intention of doing what you want as running about at 100 miles an hour is more fun. 

Can't let him on the back garden yet as he is garenteed to go in the pond oh the joys of having a pup. 

Joys of a pup is fun ! Joys of a spaniel pup is nerve wrecking! 

will he come and sit for his tea ? 

Re The runs ? Has he been out ? The dog diarrhoea and sickness doing the rounds up here from talking to other dog owners round the village.

it also got 50% of the dogs after our last shoot of the season!

Agriv8

Sounds like your Tom and My Pip were separated at birth. After labs that can be trained via there stomach. My pip would look at treat and bu66er off to smell something intriguing!

At 18 months she started to listen!

agriv8

Ps my trainer ( runs spaniels herself ) indicated that nose driven spaniel will get a hit of adrenaline akin to humans getting hooked on drugs ! 

On 01/02/2022 at 16:48, Agriv8 said:

Rob harness goes on in a morning and comes of at bed time and is worn every day she’s not working or training ( attempted  ! ) Not a fan of a choker or collar on a young dog especially a very eager sprocker spaniel and though a coller at 2 would be fine the harnesses works and it’s what she is used to!

it’s works as most of the time she won’t pull in it and when the dog need a reminder to sit it’s not throttling her.

working a figure of 8 lead is either in my pocket or on the dog.

suspect it will give a bit of protection but for us it was something to grab when she got excited as a 100mph slippery pup ! To be able to pick her up and put her on her bed to chill out.

my pip rips herself up on brambles she has worked 3 tidy up keepers day in last 4 days - her ears leg fronts and chest will be tender for a day or two with multiple cuts but a bath in medicated wash cleans most of her wounds,

Pip at 2 we know have a bond that builds on every shoot.  I am just about to write up today as a tribute for my season

Agriv8

I have just come across this again in my covid induced down time.

I know what you mean about a 100mph slippery pup, remember trying to get hold of my late cocker when she was about 6 months old, she side stepped me like a rugby centre and I ended up doing the splits and she ran into the toe of my boot (purely an accident), thank god it was in my own garden so I didn't look like a bigger idiot on front of people 😄

Rob they are a challenge that’s for sure ! I beat on a family shoot the brambles on some of the drives are impassable and let’s not talk about the Great Wall of rhododendron trees.

so a dog who not scared of getting stuck in is required- the flip side is she has to have that drive and it’s a bu66er to turn off !

all in all shes a pet first and a working spanner sprocker second but above all a member of the crazy Agriv8 family so fits in well.

Rome wasn’t built in a day have you seen my post about spaniels and the 10 commandments 

hope covid not too bad -Agriv8 

1 hour ago, Rob85 said:

I have just come across this again in my covid induced down time.

I know what you mean about a 100mph slippery pup, remember trying to get hold of my late cocker when she was about 6 months old, she side stepped me like a rugby centre and I ended up doing the splits and she ran into the toe of my boot (purely an accident), thank god it was in my own garden so I didn't look like a bigger idiot on front of people 😄

hi ya .

im having the same thing with mine , shes 13 weeks old  and im nearlly 60 , 

shes off like a steam train . millie found something out on the lawn at work yesterday , it looked like a wet sock , no way was dad going to take it off her ,

when i finally prised it from her jaws , it was a dead rat that had been turned inside out and still sticky.

yuck.

:)

58 minutes ago, lozrob said:

hi ya .

im having the same thing with mine , shes 13 weeks old  and im nearlly 60 , 

shes off like a steam train . millie found something out on the lawn at work yesterday , it looked like a wet sock , no way was dad going to take it off her ,

when i finally prised it from her jaws , it was a dead rat that had been turned inside out and still sticky.

yuck.

Same age as this nutter I'm almost 62 and definitely a lot slower. How can something this small be such a pain at times 😄

20220211_111039_copy_2601x3468.jpg

Edited by B725

Oh the two reports above make me laugh!

it will get better but - it will take time !

pip had a full manky flattened pigeon she would give that look of fight you for it. All the books say don’t chase and don’t prize it from them .

but you can’t chance em eating a poisoned rat or pigeon! 

keep us updated you will get there I am sure - my pip was a bu66er but at is fantastic worker and now gets me invited on rough shoot days ( they don’t really want me - but they do want Pip )

Atb Agriv8

3581CA03-4914-4193-9198-FB9826FA5AC9.jpeg

761A2807-CABC-4768-875E-94846526145B.jpeg

11 hours ago, B725 said:

He's definitely spawned from the devil just spent 20 minutes trying to get him in😅 ,out of all the springers I've had this one is a little swine 😁 . We will bottom it. 

Sounds like my Arnie. He's got that same streak. All the real go'ers seem to have a touch of it, but obviously harder to train. 

Mine is certainly a lot harder than Ted but god he can shift.